Is there a U2 album that you wouldn't replace if the disc was broken ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boozyuzi

Acrobat
My CD player has been rejecting my copy of War for about 2 years now and subsequently I haven't heard it in a long time. I am not too fussed as War is probably my least favourite U2 album (apart from Passengers) and the only one that I could live without. I don't have any intention of buying a replacement unless its part of a remastered series with bonus tracks etc'.

Soooo...is there any U2 albums that you wouldn't be rushing to the shops to replace ????

BTW - I must like War a bit as I have 3 copies (vinyl, picture disc and knackered CD) + bought the picture disc on the day it was released which was also the day of my first ever U2 gig (Feb 28th 1983 - Edinburgh Playhouse, Row C :drool: )

Last edited:
War for me, too. My cd was stolen about 3 years ago and I have yet to replace it (which I'm in no hurry to do). I don't know, I guess I never really liked that album much anyway. I do have it on tape though.

Actually I don't have any of their albums on cd -- never got around to replacing the LPs/cassettes. While I do pop in a cassette once in a while, I doubt I will ever pick up the cd versions. :reject:

(as you can tell, I'm a pretty casual fan now. :uhoh: wasn't always the case, but it is now and I don't see that changing much)

I only own about half of the U2 albums anyway. I mean, I've got them all downloaded and burned, but hardly have any "official" copies. I've always thought the price of CDs is absolutely rediculous and I won't make exceptions, even for U2. :shrug:

I would replace any album ASAP. I own two copies of Rattle and Hum, The Joshua Tree, and The Unforgettable fire just because my original copies started skipping in spots. :reject:

This was back when I didn't know the glories of CD repairs. :madspit:

If Zooropa was starting to skip or broke, I wouldn't replace it -- it's the least listened to U2 album I have.

All that You Can't Leave Behind. I haven't heard that album anyway in about 3.5 years so why bother replacing it?

Probably "Rattle and Hum."

I do have the best of 1980-90 with b-sides, so most of the songs I like off "Rattle and Hum" I could still hear.

I have replaced "Under a Blood Red Sky."

War is my favorite album, so I'd replace it as soon as I could.

I also have back up copies, in fact I usually play the backups than the original CD's.

Funny how people complain about U2 not playing "rare" tracks live but most of the albums mensioned are the ones that these "rare" tracks come from yet people dont find them to be of enough quality to be replaced. Very hypocritical in my opinion.

I'm interested in Indra said - about being a "casual fan." It seems as though a casual fan wouldn't post on a U2 forum. I don't mean this as an attack, or critique - because, I partly know where he's coming from. I can't say I'm as nuts about U2 as I was maybe 10, 12 years ago... but still, this band has its hooks in me. It's an odd thing, isn't it?

Yahweh said:
Funny how people complain about U2 not playing "rare" tracks live but most of the albums mensioned are the ones that these "rare" tracks come from yet people dont find them to be of enough quality to be replaced. Very hypocritical in my opinion.
It's only hypocritical if it's the same people complaining.

And I wouldn't replace any of them, since I have them all ripped on my hard drive and honestly, U2 has enough of my money anyway.

(would replace it as soon as possible. Especially HTDAAB)

Yes, me too, especially HTDAAB:drool:
So incredible album, brilliant!

I don't think I've actually opened a CD case, taken a U2 CD out, and played it on a CD player in a looooong time... Therefore, I wouldn't replace any of their CDs (I'd still have the sleeves). I did buy the U2 iPod and put all their CDs in it, so I think I've spent enough.:wink:

[I'm 20.... money's short...]

I have all my U2 stuff uploaded in my iTunes, so no need to re-buy albums when I can just burn another.... U2's rich enough, they don't need any more of my money.

I have All the Albums in various forms - vunyl, cassette and CD.

The one I would have a hard time replacing is October.

I uploaded them onto my computer so I rarely listen to the actual discs. I just make myself copies and mixes whenever I want to take one somewhere.

I probably wouldn't replace Joshua Tree.

I can listen to the thing the whole way through from memory to be honest, same with Pet Sounds or Sgt. Pepper.

Well, there's something called the Disc Doctor, where you basically crank this thing around that scrubs a tiny layer off the bottom of your CD, resurfacing the disc and eliminating the scratch on it.

On a CD there is quite a bit of plastic underneath the layer that contains the data/music. In fact, I believe scratches to the top of the disc can be worse than those done to the bottom.

chiso said:
I don't think I've actually opened a CD case, taken a U2 CD out, and played it on a CD player in a looooong time... Therefore, I wouldn't replace any of their CDs (I'd still have the sleeves). I did buy the U2 iPod and put all their CDs in it, so I think I've spent enough.:wink:

Same here. I actually want to buy a new copy of Zooropa since I lost the booklet, but I'm in no hurry to do that. Plenty of my CDs skip though. My Rattle and Hum CD was skipping so much it couldn't copy God Part II right no matter how hard I tried so I had to buy it from iTunes :huh:

I'd replace them all, but the two I'd take the most amount of time to replace would be Rattle And Hum and Achtung Baby.

Back
Top Bottom