Is there a U2 album that you wouldn't replace if the disc was broken ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
doctorwho said:

I don't know about that last comment Indra... if you were more of a fanatic, you probably WOULD have the CD's already, along with CD singles, etc. In fact, one might argue that because you have LP's, which are now rare, you're a bigger fan than the person who just gets the CD's.

I'm also stunned that anyone who's heard these last two albums wouldn't be a fan. There's not only a throw-back to what's considered the "classic" U2 sound - resulting in some of U2's best work ever - but there's also a push forward with songs like "Fast Cars" and "Love and Peace". I can get if some don't love these recent albums as much as some past work, but that holds true in some capacity for every fan. For example, I was never really a fan of JT - and that is often considered U2's best album! I put JT at the lower end of my U2 albums, but that didn't turn me away from still being a fanatic, like this recent work seems to have done for you. :shrug:

Well, the LP's/cassettes were the media I could play at the time I bought the album. There are several bands I was really into 15-20 years ago that I occasionally listen to, but haven't upgraded from cassettes to cd's, including REM.

And I must admit I haven't heard but a few songs from the last several U2 albums. But since I'm no longer blown away by the albums of their's I do have, it's kind of pointless to force myself to try to like music I just don't feel right now. I just kind of went in a different direction in the late 80's and although I sometimes like some U2 stuff, it's more of a nostalgia trip for me. <uch like listening to Under The Milky Way is for others. :wink:

So, I'm resigned to being a casual fan. :shrug:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And, yes, ahmad, Zootlesque is correct. I am am a she. The guy with the beard is Steve Kilbey, the singer/bassist for my mostest favouritest band in the would. :yes:

And I'm not Indian, I just liked the name. :)

Right on, Indra! :up:

Joshua_Tree_Hugger said:

Poor attitude for someone with 7000+ posts on a U2 messageboard. I mean FFS they're not that dear. Most of my music is downloaded but I still had no qualms about buying all their officially released material. It's what differentiates casual U2 fans from real U2 fans.

Well no it doesn't actually. If you have more posts compared to my posts does not necessarily make you the greater fan, and neither does it if you have every single piece of CD/vinyl/format released in every single part of the world.

It just makes you more of a trainspotter. :eyebrow:

Last edited:
In fairness I'm not talking about some obsolete bootleg. There are casual fans out there who would shell out the €10-€15 or whatever it is to buy the official CDs. I see it as being very unloyal to the band that you won't even do that much. I mean I'll download as many MP3s as the next man, but when I really like an artist/album I show my appreciation my buying it.

'Boy' has gone missing and I haven't replaced it yet. But that's because I'm skint. I'm going insane without that album and this is just the time of year I enjoy listening to both 'Boy' and 'October'. :huh:

I'd probably say 'Rattle and Hum' because I have it on vinyl so if I desperately want to hear the tracks I haven't ripped onto the computer (I have ripped four) then I just fire up the record deck.

also, my copy of War totally disappeared, but thankfully someone came to my aid with MP3s, so my LP copy can go unharmed. My CD copy of the Joshua Tree is completely trashed now but I prefer it on LP anyway, the sound can be better at times and the 12" sleeve is much better as well :wink: CDs just look crap compared to their LP counterparts so I'm U-turning right now and saying I'd not replace the CD and just get it on LP instead :wink:

Last edited:
I recently replaced AB, as I found that my original copy had a lighter picture on the cd itself, but all the others I noticed were darker - and I prefered that....:coocoo:

No...but I'm not worried about that 'cos I have all of them on my computer anyway.

Aardvark747 said:
I recently replaced AB, as I found that my original copy had a lighter picture on the cd itself, but all the others I noticed were darker - and I prefered that....:coocoo:

:|

My 'Pop' has been cracked from carrying it around so much over the years....when i tried to transfer it to my iPod, only a few tracks worked and the rest were messed up. Love that album so much tho, so brought the rest of the tracks on iTunes.

before doing this, I considered buying it again, but I just have a real problem with buying the same album twice. Its not so much a financial thing, its just that you could be buying a totally new album by U2 or by a new band that you've never heard before. As long as I have the physical artifact of the album (whether it works or not) and the music in some form that I can listen to, then Im cool.

:|

I would only replace JT, AB, Zooropa, Pop. I can live without the other albums.

I always pay for cds and i'd pay to have any u2 one replaced ... its worth the price for cds just think about the amount of hours recording artists spend in the studio they (in u2s case) go into years just recording for us ... i think cds are pretty reasonable considering what goes into them

I have to have all the u2 albums!

But as I have an ipod and stuff, it wouldnt partiularly bother me if a cd got a bit scratched or whatever cos I hardly ever play them now.

Back
Top Bottom