Is there a true studio version of Van Diemen's Land out there?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
Does anybody here know if there is any studio version of this song out there without the crowd noise at the beginning from Helter Skelter and with the last verse that is printed on the Rattle And Hum liner notes? Such a gorgeous song but it's a bitch to include in playlists because of that crowd noise at the beginning. :grumpy:

That's the only version that exists, sadly.

Van Diemen's Land should have made a comeback this tour, right after the 'Human Rights Declaration"

The Searcher said:
That's the only version that exists, sadly.

Van Diemen's Land should have made a comeback this tour, right after the 'Human Rights Declaration"

Great song indeed - but I don't agree with the "Human Rights Declaration" making a comeback, I just wanna hear them play music again no more speeches, no more "Statements" just play the damn songs.

*puts flame retardant suit on*

BonoVoxSupastar said:

When has that ever happened?:huh:

I know, I know but after seeing them this past tour a bunch of times, the speeches got a bit old and I felt a bit uncomfortable like most of my old buddies who were U2 fans back in the day but can't stand them any more because of all the pompousity and rightousness.

I :heart: this Band because they do seem to care an awful lot but I can see the other side where there could be some cynicism that goes along with it. You have to admit there's not many people in the entertainment business that brings the passion that these guys do. My .02

I've heard/read where there is a full studio version (the one on R&H is, it's just mixed over the crowd). Supposed to be one with no crowd and the last verse, would love to get it. VDL is probably one of my favorite U2 songs, easily top 10.

Back
Top Bottom