Is there a pattern here?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrPryck2U

ONE love, blood, life
Let's see, in 1998 U2 releases Best Of: 1980-90 and 2 years later they release a new album. Then in 2002 they release another Best Of and two years later a new album comes out. Now we have a new Best Of, so I guess a new album should be out by 2008.
So, since 1998, U2 have released a compilation album or a new album every four years.
Granted, you might not give a shit, but a 2008 new album seems inevitable.

That is when U2 should break the trend and come out in early 2007 with a totally unexpected killer album that sounds nothing like anything ever made in the last 56 years.

Well, I hope they have a new album soon, be it or 2007 or 2008. But, if it comes out in 2008, you heard it here first at interference!

I'm guessing that it will be 2008. If so, then they'll probably have something for us to buy in 2007, like maybe Milan on DVD the way they did with Slane between the last Best Of and HTDAAB.

Zootlesque said:
That is when U2 should break the trend and come out in early 2007 with a totally unexpected killer album that sounds nothing like anything ever made in the last 56 years.

56 years? so Bono was making music 12 years before he was born? wow...mans got talent

europop2005 said:

56 years? so Bono was making music 12 years before he was born? wow...mans got talent

he said in 56 years, he said nothing about u2 or bono

Zootlesque said:

:drool:
We shall see!

I hope the planned Best of album turns out to be a suprise new album instead of another Best of. That would be very spontaneous to release a suprise album.

Scarlet, you'll really have to hope hard on that one. It ain't happening. But, no worries, U2 always comes up with something to piss our money away on. LoL!

scarlet, that doesn't make sense. They tell us that it's a best of and then change it just for a big surprise?

The only surprises with U2.com are bad ones, like, we'll tell them the new tour dates are coming in a week and then leave em hanging for months with "thanks for your patience."

I agree with the theory that U2 is not actually connected to its own website.

This means something, this is important.

closeenc.jpg

But really, that's a cool find.

I'm hoping for an album in '07, but '08 seems the more realistic choice.

Just think, maybe that much talked about U2 Boxed Set will come out in 2010. And, once again, you heard it here first at interference!

You know, instead if this insane mini-Best Of release now, I think a great boxed set in 2010 or so would have been fantastic. Let U2 release another new album (or - gasp - two!) this decade and tour the songs (if they so desire). Then, instead of a "Best Of" for the 00's, they could do a Boxed Set of 3 decades worth of songs. To entice buyers, they could have thrown in rare tidbits (studio songs that were never released, but that the fans would have loved), some rare videos ("Red Hill Mining" video, a Love Town video, some very early work, etc.) and maybe even one or two new songs. That would have been a great big "thank you" to the fans for 3 decades worth of support. And I think fans would have been happy to get this for all the goodies.

But no, we get corporate greed. The more I think about this mini-Best Of the more ticked I am about it. :madspit: I've supported just about all of U2's decisions. I got the need to change their style in the early 90's. I got their need to advertise differently. I got why they decided to release any "Best Of" work (despite saying they would never do so earlier in their careers). I accepted U2 iPods and the commercial. Times were changing and U2 went along with the change. I got it, appreciated it and even applauded it.

But this mini-Best Of is nothing but corporate greed. If U2 wanted to "stay in the news" this holiday season, why not release an EP? Put on the Green Day song, the new song and perhaps some live tracks (like "Vertigo"!). Donate all proceeds to charity (Elton John has donated the proceeds from his singles to charities for years). This way, U2 comes across as having their wallets where their mouths are, they stay in the news, and they give fans a little treat. It's a winning combo for everyone.

Instead, we get this unnecessary, superfluous mini-Best Of that will be out of date as soon as U2 have another studio release. It's ridiculous. I'm seriously thinking of not buying it. Finally U2 has done something that even ticks me off. :mad:

LemonMelon said:

Bono and Larry have been quoted as to saying they aren't doing an album in '07, atleast somewhere in the WTAHNN forum.

Edge has said it's very early in the studio process, and "casual recording".

I want an album in '07, but it looks like '08 will happen.

Back
Top Bottom