Is there a better Elevation boot than MSG #4? I don't think so sucka!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wolfwill23

War Child
I have been listening to the MSG #4 boot for a couple of months now and it gets better each time. Now, let me just say that I am biased because I was there and all, but let's put that aside and rate this boot.

1. Sound quality-Excellent audience recording. On a scale of 1-5 (5 being the best) I'd give it a 4.

2. Audience participation-You've got the city of New York just a couple of weeks after the worst terrorist attacks ever happened just miles away. In addition to that, you've got Ruth, the girl that played Knockin' on Heaven's Door. She rocked the house! A 5 there.

3. Bono's voice-A 4.5. He was close to perfect.

4. Set list-Very nice. My only complaints are about Starring at the Sun and What's Goin' On. But Out of Control rocked and was a total surprise. All the others were great too. A 4 for that.

5. One-This song gets extra points at this show. Some people don't like the names thing, but I gotta tell you, as somebody who was holding a lot of things in, seeing those names scroll across the screen let it all come out. Thank you guys. An extra 5 points for that.

So, if we add up the points, we get, well I don't know what we get and I don't care. The show rocked and continues to rock. I'm so glad that somebody was kind enough to tape it.

Originally posted by wolfwill23:
Hey, that a$$hole was me!

Nah, I meant the other guy...

What goes well with shoe leather, red or white wine?
eek.gif

[This message has been edited by Clark W. Griswold, Jr (edited 01-11-2002).]

Originally posted by Clark W. Griswold, Jr:
It's not my favorite, but it is a great recording.....and would have been even better if the taper could have shut that one A$$hole up during NYD!

No kidding...on some of these boots (those recorded from the audience, anyway) it seems like some bozos went out of their way to scream into the recording device.

that being said....I have a confession to make to any of you who have the elevation columbus show....

at the beginning of bad you can hear some guy shout "it's bad, it's bad"....I think that's me
redface.gif

My friend turned to me and said, "it's the streets have no name" and I said, "no, it's bad, it's bad"....now I didn't see any tapers in the heart for that show, and it's entirely possible that it's not me, but it *sounds* like me and it would be quite a coincidence if someone else said the exact same thing (although "it's bad, it's bad" is pretty generic and people are always freaking out when a certain song starts)...so anyway, if that's me, and you have that boot and it annoys the fuck out of you like it annoys the fuck out of me every time I listen to that boot, well....I'm sorry. Next time I'll shut my trap
wink.gif

Hmmm, unless Ruth got *EXTREMELY* lucky and played twice onstage with the boys (wouldn't surprise me, knowing her luck with Springsteen and U2!
wink.gif
), I think you'll find that you might be mixing MSG 4 up with no. 2 - Ruth went and played on 24/10/01.

Cheers!
smile.gif

MSG #4 is 10/24, isn't it? That was the 4th time they played MSG on this tour, right? If not, that's what I meant anyways.

Back
Top Bottom