is the new album already done? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-10-2002, 01:57 PM   #1
Refugee

Local Time: 10:56 AM
is the new album already done?

hey
i posted this a while back, and it seems to be making even more sense now. i talked with a guy at the houston show who said he had talked with on of u2's roadies the day before the show in houston. he had told me that the guy he talked with had told him that u2 had actually finished tow complete albums before atyclb was released, the second album being a much more experimental, harder album. he also told me that this unnamed roadie told him that the band would be realsing it in 2002, and doing a stadium tour. This info all came in april, which it nows seems to be quite accurate. with this said is the album already completed, and the band is putting finishing touches. My guess is that it was close to complete, but as their usual the band is going back and tweaking, and re-writing and changing things. The reason for asking this question, is the hope that if it really was for the most part complete maybe it will get released soon, and not two years from now. I think it will (maybe just wishful thinking) so that the can tour with the new songs the summer.

later days

jp

Old 01-10-2002, 02:10 PM   #2
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:56 AM
Well, if they do tour this summer, I would think they'd want to get the album out by late spring. For this to happen, U2 would have to be pretty far along in recording the album.

I just hope they don't rush themselves too much.

------------------
Look what you did, you little JERK!

Kevin! You're such a disease!

Old 01-10-2002, 02:14 PM   #3
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:56 PM
You know, i remember hearing on TV before the album was released that they actually made two albums during the making of ATYCLB too!

I don't know - depends how many leftovers there will be from ATYCLB (i think those are pretty much finished songs), depends how many new songs there are, how far along they're done...but i do think it will be out in 2002.
Old 01-10-2002, 05:53 PM   #4
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 09:56 AM
I hope this is the case and that we'll have a new one soon, but U2 albums always seem to take longer to come out than you'd like, so I wont get my hopes up too high.
Old 01-10-2002, 08:17 PM   #5
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:56 AM
Interesting news if true. But even allowing for the way rumours can become distorted, why would one of U2's roadies have that sort of information? I'm sure they're one big happy family, but the road crew seems a bit removed from the inner circle.

------------------
"I was in need of help
Heading to black out
'Til someone told me 'run on in honey
Before somebody blows your goddam' brains out'
You shop-lifted as a child
I had a model's smile
You carried all my hopes
Until something broke inside..."
Old 01-10-2002, 08:27 PM   #6
Refugee

Local Time: 04:56 PM
They all have to sign confidentiality agreements, so maybe he/she let their excitement get the better of them.
Old 01-10-2002, 08:27 PM   #7
War Child

Local Time: 10:56 AM
I heard that the serious recording would not begin until after the Super Bowl. Bono is going to another political thing next week, that will stop them working for now. He will be in Africa meeting with leaders on AIDS and debt relief.

------------------
U2- The Unforgettable Fire still burns!