Is the Deluxe Edition of ZOOTV worth it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Infinity

Refugee
Hi Everyone, I can't decide whether I want to buy the regular version or the deluxe version of the ZOOTV DVD. For those of you who bought the deluxe, is it worth it?

Thank you :)

I haven't picked up either yet as I haven't had the time, but if you're not big into extras I'd say go for the single disc at Circuit City they're selling it for $9.99, then again I'm going for the deluxe.

I think it is worth it - i.e. the bonus tracks and the documentaries. There's over an hour of content, with U2 actually performing and speaking. It blows away the bonus DVDs from Chicago and Boston.

I think the final option depends on if you considere yourself as a die hard collector or not :shrug:

As for me, giving that the second DVD lacks substance and the content is rather poor, I just go with the 1 DVD version :drool:

:wave:

ponkine said:

As for me, giving that the second DVD lacks substance and the content is rather poor, I just go with the 1 DVD version :drool:

Have you actually watched the second DVD?

Will the Deluxe edition be limited? I probably won't be able to get my hands on this before Christmas, so will I have trouble finding it then? I remember when I tried to find the Chicago DVD deluxe edition a few months after it came out I coudn't find it anywhere and had to go with the regular version.

Although the content on the 2nd disc should have been a lot more in depth an d featured many more tracks and documentaries as there were dozens of documentaries and MTV things they could have used about ZOO TV. However if you haven't seen the trabantland or things like that then it is definitely worth it.

An Cat Gav said:
However if you haven't seen the trabantland or things like that then it is definitely worth it.

Have you watched the 24 minute "easter egg" documentary?

From the perspective of a fan who is majorly disappointed with the Chicago/Boston bonus DVD's - it is a great 2nd DVD with some very interesting extras. It has about 90 minutes of extra material... which is as well too little for one DVD. There should be more material (like the FoxTV special, versions of Ultra Violet, Bad, Sunday Bloody Sunday, acoustic I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses... but it's just a fanboy's dream.

So, I recommend it. It's worth to get just because, at least in my country, it's not a big price difference between the normal and the deluxe edition.

ponkine said:
I think the final option depends on if you considere yourself as a die hard collector or not :shrug:

:wave:

Normally I wouldn't agree with ponkine, but in the spirit of U2 brotherhood I'm going to say that he has a point here. Unless you're a diehard (like me) who has to own everything plus the kitchen sink that U2 puts out, it may not be worth the extra $12 or so.

I think the documentaries are interesting, but nothing earthshaking. I enjoyed them, but I guess I'd seen most of the footage whenever AB came out. I'm not complaining, because now I have this on DVD, so it's a two-way street here.

Overall I am really enjoying this DVD and I hope for Red Rocks, Popmart and The Best of 1980-1990. Puh-leeeeeeezzzzeee!!!

I think it is

Although not my fav choice of bonus tracks , there is still , the best version of Desire ZOOtv , cool version of Trying ....... and nice of the AB songs

Theres this great Easter which is a fantastic 24 min Doc

And there are also the regular docs , which do enlight the experience of ZOotv live

After all , watching only the disc 1 and that's it , it's a bit sad

Reggie Thee Dog said:

Normally I wouldn't agree with ponkine, but in the spirit of U2 brotherhood I'm going to say that he has a point here. Unless you're a diehard (like me) who has to own everything plus the kitchen sink that U2 puts out, it may not be worth the extra $12 or so.

There's only a $6 difference between the two at Circuit City ($9.99 vs. $15.99). For that small amount, it was definitely worth it for me.

thanks for your responses..but i have another question

if i buy the regular version, do u think i may be able to find the bonus material online like torrents or something?

thanks again :)

thats why i wasnt worried about not being able to find the 2 disc version yesterday at Circuit city, I knew itd show up sooner or later on the internets. It was hard enough finding the 1 copy they had of the single disc :huh: fuckin mississippi :madspit:

Infinitum98 said:
thanks for your responses..but i have another question

if i buy the regular version, do u think i may be able to find the bonus material online like torrents or something?

thanks again :)
The whole bonus-DVD is completely on usenet, just like the main DVD.

Double disc is well worth it in my opinion. I paid $6 more at Circuit City. You may have to ask the sales person as they only had three in the store where I live, and I had to have help finding it.

does anyone know if the booklet that comes with the regular single dvd is different than the booklet that comes with the special 2 disc edition?

Does it comes with a booklet ? Single Version ?

Didn't know , for me it was all in the special packaging of the Del. Ed.

discothequeLP said:
nobody's mentioning the aweseome booklet and the stickers!? :drool: :drool:

am I the only one that had a damaged booklet?

Since it is glued to the box the last page stays fixed and the rest of the book slowly rips apart!

I opened my copy and the two staples were already ripped so I went back to Circuit City (completely admitting to them how anal I was) and they cheerfully gave me a new copy and I get home, open it, and it is ripped as well!!!

Sucks to be so anal about my U2ness ;)

I dunno the deluxe only costed 2 bucks more then the normal version here, so Id get the deluxe but I would have got it anyway.

Yes.

The only thing that surprised me is that they glued the little book inside the covers.

Back
Top Bottom