Is the CBS special gonna be aired again?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

baker6621

War Child
I was off for Thanksgiving vacation out of the country...forgot to set up the tape. What an idiot. I missed the whole thing and heard it was AWESOME. I had been kinda "off" U2 for a lot of months, starting at the end of summer. Too much of it, hehe. But now I'm getting there, getting back. And I really want to see this concert. Any news about re-airing or am I gonna have to look on eBay? Thanks! :wave:

Oh, and I'll admit I didn't search if this had been asked. I just got in from my 7 hour flight and I'm falling asleep. But I really do need to know hehe..

i'm not sure they will either. cbs doesn't have a habit of airing repeats, at least musicwise. plus, i heard it didn't get outstanding ratings. however, i wouldn't be surprised if vh1 picked it up. they have a habit of doing that, and then trying to pass it off as their own special. :laugh:

baker6621 said:
That really sucks. Ebay time?

Well, you could go to ebay, or you could just ask someone who taped it to make you a copy. Or, there is a VCD of the Italian show circulating too (with 9 songs). I have found that simply asking people here for a trade or b&p has always yeilded great results.

ON that note, does anyone have a copy? I'd obviously pay some for the trouble and a little for the shipping (either paypal or just cash). Let me know.

baker6621 said:
ON that note, does anyone have a copy? I'd obviously pay some for the trouble and a little for the shipping (either paypal or just cash). Let me know.

Which did you want a copy of? The USA special on VHS?

I have the Italian broadcast VCD, but I don't have a copy of the US special. PM me if you want a copy of the VCD.

It got the worst ratings of all the music specials last week. Paul McCartney, Faith Hill and Tim McGraw and the Elvis special all beat it by a lot.

But I don't that signifies U2s lack of popularity. I think these ratings signify that at 10:00 on Friday night, the majority of people aren't sitting around watching TV.

Ratings

FYI:

-U2 didn't have a beautiful day on CBS with Friday concert, U2's Beautiful Day, #90 in both viewers (3.59 million) and adults 18-49 (1.5/ 5).

It always boggles my mind as to why U2 produces poor results in the ratings on American television. Their albums and tickets sell briskly, yet their TV specials do poorly. I supposed the time of airing has a lot to do with it, but the ratings should be higher nonetheless......

MBH

I just realized something. The number of people who watched the Slane show on CBS is pretty close to the U.S. sales numbers for All That You Can't Leave Behind. The difference is you can have a few million people buy an album and it is considered a hit, but it takes a lot more viewers than that for a TV show on a major network to be considered succesful.

Back
Top Bottom