Is that All?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

intedomine

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
This has gotta be u2's best album closer cause its such a brilliant song and a nice hard edged way to finish off a shamelessly perfect record

Bono's voice is somewhat husky, but passionate, particularly in his chanting of "is that all?"

Its simple straightforard lyric make this a pleasure to listen to, while adam's bass lines are exquisite....

Is That All is unfairly underated, have another listen, and it will grab you and take you to new heights.

By far one of U2's finest tracks, and second only to gloria in regards to how it stands against the other album tracks,

The whistling at the end, what a way to sign off, pure brilliance....

I gotta say that I love this song and am always amazed at the bashing that it gets. I think October is a great album and this song is in my top 3 songs from this album, along with rejoice and golria. I love the rawness and vocal of this song and I think it is a great way to finish an album- with a punch and shout!!!!

I know the lyrics dont say anything too profound but hey the music rocks, I just think I might go and listen to it right now:wink:

Hardly the best album closer, or even the best song, but it doesn't deserve the bashing it gets. I enjoy it and feel it would've made the perfect closer to the main set live.

Great album closer when you consider the title and it's placement at the end of a record. "Is that all you want from me?" Yep, I just gave ya a record.

I like it. It's not as good as Tomorrow, of course, but not many songs can be. It's a really great rock track with a heart of gold and it definitely deserves more applause! :applaud:

incidentally i just read INTO THE HEART and the author is heavily and unusually critical of the song......criticising the nature of the timing and the improvised lyrics......as well as how quickly the song was put together...

Personally, i don't know how the lack of preparation subtracts from the overall impact of the song, u2 have always been good with the spur of the moment stuff, thats why IS that All is so brilliant.....

Who cares if the timing is out of whack, it sounds good, Bono's vocal at his finest!

eh, i like the song, but i don't see why they felt they needed a typical album closer like that. i thought scarlet would've been a perfect way to close the album. however, i still don't think it deserves all the bashing it gets.

Back
Top Bottom