Is passangers worth buying?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Actually, I think the real reason to buy this record is the beautiful run of songs in the first half: Your Blue Room-Always Forever Now-Different Kind of Blue (yes I like this one)-Beach Sequence (this song is incredible :combust: )-Miss Sarajevo.

Can't beat that. :wink:

Yeah, buy it. It has great moments, Your Blue Room and Slug are amazing, although Elvis Ate America it's the worst and the more annoying song they made.

LemonMelon said:
Actually, I think the real reason to buy this record is the beautiful run of songs in the first half: Your Blue Room-Always Forever Now-Different Kind of Blue (yes I like this one)-Beach Sequence (this song is incredible :combust: )-Miss Sarajevo.

Can't beat that. :wink:

Hooray, someone else who likes Beach Sequence! I totally love it too. And Your Blue Room is an amazing song, I adore the hell out of it. Raaaaa.

Yeah I'd say Passengers is worth buying, but I wouldn't pay full price for it because I don't listen to it very often. It's very much acquired and dependent on mood, not all is accessible straightaway. I got mine in a sale!

COBL_04 said:
I know it was a stupid question but I know what I meant. I was more or less asking if Bono sang in non-english.
ohhh! no, the non-english parts aren't sung by bono. the italian part on miss sarajevo is pavarotti, and the japanese lyrics on ito okashi are sung by holi.

Let's just say that Radiohead's Kid A could have been a response to U2's Passengers....

Gosh I never expected such overwhelmingly negative responses to passangers, lol! :wink:

I'm very intrigued! I really want to buy it now actually and I would if I could find it in the shops. I spose I'll get it off Amazon or ebay or something.

Thanks for your help! :wave:

Hey, nobody mentioned One Minute Warning. What a great track that is. Seriously.
Definitely buy this album. The first nine tracks are brilliant, then Theme From Let's Go Native tops it off after a few dodgy tracks.
Definitely worth investigation.

jonnytakeawalk said:
Gosh I never expected such overwhelmingly negative responses to passangers, lol! :wink:

I don't believe it, I mock someone and they totally miss it. :|

Passengers, not Passangers!

go to amazon.com
search for Passengers-Original Soundtracks Vol 1
you should be able to listen to 30 second clips of all the tracks.
not a great indicator, but you can get a taste, for free and no illegal downloading. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom