Is New Years' Day the greatest U2 song?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

financeguy

ONE love, blood, life
In my opinion, yes. Musically interesting, good lyrics with a strong political element. Rock music is best when it's actually about something more than drugs and sex.

U2's finest hour? I think so.

One of the best from the 80s. But not THE best ever.

Their greatest song IMO has always been played right before it though....:wink:

:yes:
Its the best song ever made! Everything about this song is great but the best part is Edges solo:drool:

No, but it's close. I rank New Year's Day as the number three best-of-all-time U2 song. :up:

Nearly the best:

1. Where The Streets Have No Name
2. Bad
3. The Unforgettable Fire
4. One Tree Hill
5. City Of Blinding Lights
6. Heartland
7. New Year's Day

I have been known to place it as high as third in the past.

Good list I'd certainly put Heartland, One Tree Hill and Unforgettable Fire in my Top 10.

I'd say One is their best. I'd put New Year's Day in second place.

That's the song that got me going on U2. Absolutely intoxicating. Combine that with the video of them charging through the snow on horseback, guitars slung across their backs, and I instantly became a U2 freak.

It can't be their greatest song simply because they also recorded such things as: Bad, Streets, Bullet, One, Acrobat, Fast Cars, Stay, etc

great song, but not the best IMO, i feel the album version drags on a bit, I prefer the single version and US remix

financeguy said:
In my opinion, yes. Musically interesting, good lyrics with a strong political element. Rock music is best when it's actually about something more than drugs and sex.

U2's finest hour? I think so.

I absolutely love this song when I hear it on dvd.

xana dew said:
Combine that with the video of them charging through the snow on horseback, guitars slung across their backs, and I instantly became a U2 freak.

i read somewhere that it wasn't them on those horses.

new year's day. great song, not their best - but close.

IMO.......Heck, Yes!!!!!
You know even though U2 has other songs that are GREAT too,
it just seems this song "stands out" the most.....
I've always heard how Bono "found his voice" with this song... and Edge's guitar and keyboard combo.... WOW....FANTASTIC!!!
That's what makes this song in... "a class all by itself"....
There will NEVER be another U2 song like it EVER.....
and that's why it's so-oo GREAT!!! TRULYA "CLASSIC"!! :applaud:

Back
Top Bottom