Is Levitate fucking awesome or what!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LyricalDrug said:
Thanks a lot for sending it, DreamOutLoud13.

Very cool track -- almost a techno song. Also it contains the lyrics "be the bee, and the flower / before the sweetness turns to sour" which is also used in "Always," and the "freedom has a scent like the top of a newborn baby's head" line from Miracle Drug.

Only a lyricist with Bono's ego would sample his own lyrics! :wink:

don't forget "im not comin down" [gone]

Bluer White said:

I think Are You Gonna Wait Forever is from the Atomic Bomb era. And I wouldn't trade WILATW for anything.

But I absolutely agree with Summer Rain replacing one of the only two duds on ATYCLB, Peace On Earth and Grace.

Forever actually existed during the "behind" sessions. The title was in some edit notes from Eno at the Rock and Roll Hall Fame during the period.

peace on earth and grace may be duds, but summer rain has been given more than a fair shot over the last 6 years, and I still don't think it would fit on the album

of all the songs that could possibly switch out peace on earth or grace, i think :

levitate (definitely)
love you like mad (seems unfocused)
summer rain (never really goes anywhere)
always (became beautiful day)
the ground beneath her feet (definitely)
stateless (definitely)
flower child (too similar to wild honey, but not as good)

and argue as you will, the following are from the ATYCLB sessionsss:

Neon Lights (cover song. Great track, but not an original cut)
Are You Gonna Wait Forever (Unfinished in my mind)

I think i would start the album with Levitate, flow through with the ORIGINAL pre-edge reshuffle tracklist, swapping stateless for peace on earth, and ending with The Ground Beneath Her Feet instead of Grace.

i think that would make for a good album flow.

Back
Top Bottom