Is Levitate fucking awesome or what!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Flannery said:
Never heard it either. How do you find/get these unreleased songs?

Oh, they were on the Complete U2 set released on iTunes. You can easily get them online, though, instead of shelling out big bucks and essentially re-purchasing the back catalogue for a few rare tracks.

The start of the song is crap. After the boring part passes, it turns into pure awesome.
That bass line is extremely memorable. :up:

Aygo said:

No, it is not. It's simple, catchy, minimalist, with great lines in the lyrics (a bit filosophycal sometimes) and it's a great b-side.

Summer Rain is AWESOME

Ready to fight anyone who says otherwise :mad:

:wink:

I hear what you're saying, but it won't change my opinion of the song. The melody does absolutely nothing for me.

Nothing against simple and minimalist, I love a band/artist that knows that sometimes less is more.

Flannery said:
Never heard it either. How do you find/get these unreleased songs?

Post your email and someone will send it to you .

If you go to the page Music On The Internet , here on this website your u2 collection will grow very quickly . :yes:

I vote for awesome.

'Levitate' sounds like the love child of The Unforgettable Fire and Achtung Baby (who usually responds to Achtung Fire Baby!...ah, never mind :tsk: ).

In all seriousness, it's sort of the modern teenage cousin of 'Three Sunrises'.

Bono's shades said:
Levitate has so much potential. It's a pity the band didn't work on it just a bit more and put it on ATYCLB.

Seriously! And I agree that it's a great driving song. :drool:

LyricalDrug said:
Would, er, someone be able to send me a MP3? :)

Would be massively appreciated. Don't know how I missed this one...

timothym @ gmail.com (no spaces)

Thanks!
I YSIed it to you :)

EDIT: Went ahead and sent it to the other people that posted their addresses.

Last edited:
I opened one of the emails I'd just sent back up so I could get the YSI link and paste it into my email to you, and I saw my signature. It wasn't U2 related at all, it was "**snoggles you**", which although a bit immature, is alright if I'm just emailing friends, but now that I've been sending songs to strangers almost every day, it seems highly innapropriate. My signature has now been safely changed to U2 lyrics though :)

Levitate is good...slightly over produced and has lots of rough edges. Well, that's why its a demo I suppose. Has lots of potential, but it never would have flowed with the rest of All You Can't Leave Behind. Sounds like it should be on Pop if anything.

mandrake said:
Levitate is good...slightly over produced and has lots of rough edges. Well, that's why its a demo I suppose. Has lots of potential, but it never would have flowed with the rest of All You Can't Leave Behind. Sounds like it should be on Pop if anything.
Ah, the paradox of 'Levitate' -- too interesting for ATYCLB, yet too poppy for POP. What a dilema.

Bluer White said:

I think Are You Gonna Wait Forever is from the Atomic Bomb era.

While Are you gonna wait forever is a Bomb B-side, the production is credited to Eno/Lanois.

Back
Top Bottom