Is it worth it to subscribe to Q?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it would be worth it to subscribe. I really should too, seeing as how I shell out $8.50 per issue and buy almost every issue. U2 is in that mag a lot, and they have a lot of other good stuff in it as well.

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

Q is the only music publication that I ever buy. I respect their reviews and the artists they choose to feature regularly. Lots of U2, Radiohead, and Traivs, etc. Plus they give out free CDs everyonce in awhile which is nice. I can't think of any other music magazine worth the money, especially not the piece of shit known as Rolling Stone. I say go for it.

------------------
"I swore to my father I'd never do hamster-style again."

"looking for the sound thats gonna drown out the world
looking for the father of my two little girls
got the swing got the sway got my straw in lemonade
looking for the face i had before the world was made." - MOFO

Wow-I thought it was $80 to join if you lived in the states......
I really like it, and if I keep buying every other issue at $8.50, it might be cheaper to subscribe.

The price will vary depending on the exchange rate cause they convert it to US$ before they charge your credit card.

It cost me $85.48 to subscribe last September and you DON'T get the special issues they put out 3 or 4 times a year. I guess in the long run it is cheaper than buying on the newstand and it is the best music magazine out there (in my opinion).

AND, I usually get my new issue about 2 weeks after it has already been on the newstands here and about a month after it has come out in Britain. I might go back to buying it at the bookstore when my subscription runs out.

[This message has been edited by Bono's American Wife (edited 03-14-2002).]

Originally posted by Mrs.Clayton:
Wow-I thought it was $80 to join if you lived in the states......
I really like it, and if I keep buying every other issue at $8.50, it might be cheaper to subscribe.

i guessed at the price, i have NO clue about conversions. so yeah this makes more sense. damn. now I dont know what to do. maybe buy as it comes.

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:
i guessed at the price, i have NO clue about conversions. so yeah this makes more sense. damn. now I dont know what to do. maybe buy as it comes.

Today, the 56 pound subscription rate is converting to about $72 US dollars but that could change by the time they get your info.

[This message has been edited by Bono's American Wife (edited 03-14-2002).]

also, make sure all subscribers get the CDs. I don't know if they do. some issues of Q don't come with the CD depending on where you buy it so I always go down to the Virgin Megastore in Times Square to get mine-- but that's the ONLY thing I ever buy there. Don't get me started on how its stupid I have to pay $22 for a CD there.

Originally posted by sharky:
also, make sure all subscribers get the CDs. I don't know if they do. some issues of Q don't come with the CD depending on where you buy it so I always go down to the Virgin Megastore in Times Square to get mine-- but that's the ONLY thing I ever buy there. Don't get me started on how its stupid I have to pay $22 for a CD there.

Yeah, the subscribers get the CDs but we don't get the special issues like the REM Special, the Greatest Album Covers and the Best Rock Photos one that just came out. I still have to go the Borders and buy those.

Back
Top Bottom