Is it ok to be "that guy" (shirt at concert)?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't see a problem with it, but I'm not known for having much fashion sense either lol. ;)

I don't wear band shirts anywhere, so I guess that's a no. I have actually purchased band shirts though. I was planning on making a wall hanging... but then I went on a paintings buying spree and I don't even have enough wall space for all of them!

Whatever makes you happy is what you should do.

When I was at Slane there were lots and lots of folk wearing U2 tshirts they bought there and there were a few people we seen wearing custom made t-shirts (i.e. a white t-shirt and they had written, in what looked like perm. marker, u2 or bono or something). I was wearing a stripey black and red jersey to Slane and some bloke we knew from Drogheda called me Dennis the Menace. I wished I had worn a U2 shirt then. :lol:

It definitely makes you "that guy" (or "that girl" as the case may be), but really, who gives a rat's ass? Just wear what you want to wear! Personally, I buy a new outfit every time I see Bruce Springsteen or U2. As though the damn tickets didn't cost enough, lol.

The whole "that guy" thing is snobbish bullshit. Wear that beautiful shirt. I bet you'll be turning heads all night long. Fly your U2 freak flag high!

Don't ever let so-called hipsters or "cool" people make you question your natural instincts. These kind of people spend inordinate amounts of time wondering what other people think of them. Weak.

Bono, to you (from "Always"):

Be uncool, be awkward
Don’t look in the obvious place..."

Bono to the posers:

"Get down off your holy cloud, always
God will not deal with the proud, always..."

thousandfold said:

38209vertigo.JPG

if i had those tits.. yeah.. i would like to be that "girl" :D lol...

Hmmmm, talking about cricket or breasts? Tough choice. :shifty: :sexywink:

Well, if you can wear baseball jerseys to baseball games, football jerseys to football games, basketball jerseys to basketball games, and soccer (football) jerseys to soccer matches, why can't you wear a U2 jersey?

Or maybe that's the key - it has to be an official U2 jersey. AKA, you have to wear a replica Edge #7 shirt and skull cap or Bono leather jacket or whatever. T-shirts? Unacceptable. :)

Well, I certainly will be wearing my JT tour shirt - I haven't been able to fit in it (oops!) for so many years, now that I am back in shape (well almost, I was sixteen back then!) I am damn sure going to put it on. It was the only time I've been able to get to a U2 show, so wearing it will be kinda symbolic for me, you know?

goat

The worst is people who wear the shirt they just bought. Those people are the most fun to "accidentally" spill a full beer on.

I bought a shirt off ebay last year, it is red and says "Bono's Beef" with bull horns coming out of the Bono's part of it. It is from an old midwest restuarant chain. I thought it was too weird to pass up. I have never worn it and now am too embarrassed to wear it to the concert because upon reflection it sounds like it is talking about Bono's nether regions! Do I dare or just keep shoving it to the back of the t-shirt drawer?:ohmy:

This entire thread is pathetic. Who the f--- cares what someone else wheres? If you're at a concert, be there for the concert. Meet people and enjoy them for who they are. Anyone who cares what someone else is wearing needs some serious help.

Now if someone is an asshole or you're single and the potential partner is wearing a shirt that is unforgettable, that's another story. But wear a U2 shirt at the show, wear it anywhere. It doesn't matter what you're wearing, as long as you're there and having a good time, wear whatever you want!!!!

Back
Top Bottom