Is it just me or is Crumbs underrated?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eamonn_irl

Babyface
I've been listening to the album constantly for the past 5 days now and while I think all the songs are excellent, the one I find myself enjoying most is Crumbs. I was wondering if anyone else feels this way or if its just me, because it seems to get a relatively bad rap on here.

It had bad reputation in those stupid press reviews. It's one of the best songs on the album. And a lot of people think that way on the forum.

i just heard it today for the first time and i think it's awesome. so unique sounding, awesome guitar and vocals and everything else. but i think a lot of pple like it here too.

my least favorite on the album. hopefully that will change. it's just so blaaaaaand.

Bland? my goodness
Great harmony, great melody, cool lyrics, the guitars sound sweet
pretty bland to me...... :wink:

Oh well, to each his own. I think it's the best song on a great album.:wink:

I love the the verse about the "eating all your friends" and the bit about sister ann and three to a bed. The rest of the song is still growing on me. It seems a bit labored compared to some of the other songs.

In my opinion it is the best song on the album. It just has such a groove to it. Was it originally from the Achtung Baby sessions? I heard that in a few places. When I think of it in that context it makes it seem even better.

An awesome tune, for sure. I can see the comparisons to Walk On , for sure, especially in the solo (which might sound a bit too similar in my opinion). When I heard they recorded it drunk, I wasn't expecting anything nearly this good. It's a gem, though.

I think it definitely has a very eighties feel to it, in a way. I can feel the human heartbeat in the guitar work. Some don't like the 'preachiness' of songs like this, but we've all gotta work for change. Human rights aren't a high enough priority for any of us, myself included. Thanks for listening.

I agree that it has been underrated. It's my favorite song on the album as well. I had to move it up to 4 on the album I made,a true cleanup hitter.

By far underated. When I hear Man and A Woman and then this song starts, OH SHIT! It has a nice feeling. Then you go into One Step Closer and then I have to repeat it all over again. Good call Edge on the sequence...man oh man!!

Yeah, I'm finding that I really like the last 5 songs a lot. More so than the last 3 or 4 songs off of any other U2 album. A Man and A Woman, Crumbs, One Step, Original and Yahweh? That's some killer stuff to CLOSE and album with.

COBL is really starting to grow on me, the guitar frenzy in the middle of the song blows me away!!

Awesome song!!! Just awesome, the chorus is amazing!

M bro's Fave on the album, my 2nd fave.

I seem to be obsessed with A man and A woman, and Crumbs. The rest of the album is simply amazing as well, i wasn't so sure at first but now i think it's unbelievable! They are starting to sound like U2 tunes now, so i can really start to enjoy them...they were so foreign at first!

:wink:

My personal favourite :wink:

It reminds me of Electrical Storm, only a tad more political.
And better.

I like it, but I wish they'd have stuck with the direction they were taking it on the DVD. THAT kicked ass, moreso than the album version. Great song though. However, it is in the lower half of my rankings on this album.

Back
Top Bottom