Is it just me?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: Re: Re: Is it just me?

Zootlesque said:

I see she just changed it! The earlier one was Bono going "Hai plebans". First I thought you were referring to that one! :eeklaugh:

:grumpy:
:evil:

Why,thank you LMac

please tell me You Know who they are...

Last edited:
You are very, very brave for admitting this in public.

Have you rented "Rattle & Hum" and watched it? If not, it's a must-see. That usually turns casual U2 fans into die-hard live fans.

flybabe said:
I absolutely do not,like live versions of U2 songs...Bono does not sing the words right,they twik it a little...and I know that is what makes live played songs great...but i like the studio versions better...and the only song I do like played is Mofo live from Mexico.
anyone with me?

FB

So you realy think that SBS, Bad, Discotheque(Vertigo), IWF, OOC, Electric Co, Gloria, ASOHC, WTSHNN, OTH, MW, LIB, Please, Gone, Beautiful Day, Kite, Walk On, Elevation, Vertigo, SYCMIOYO, LAPOE, COBL are worse live? :huh:

shaun vox said:
they were great live in the 80s (R&H) and during zootv.
most of the new live dvds ets are embarrassing to watch .

What's so embarrasing? They are all better musicans live in the band now compare to the 80's. Bono is a better singer(technical) now then in the 80's.

i will die happy having seen u2 live. the greatest nights of my life so far.

so it is definetley just you , but i hope that will change for you on the next tour.

I only really got into U2 after seeing the Popmart video! I think they're excellent live. Bono's vocals aren't as technically perfect as on the albums, and I guess the sound of the guitars and other instruments is weaker than on the albums. But the atmosphere and the energy and emotion of the live show can totally make up for that, I think. If you haven't already, try watching Under a Blood Red Sky!

flybabe said:
I absolutely do not,like live versions of U2 songs...Bono does not sing the words right,they twik it a little...and I know that is what makes live played songs great...but i like the studio versions better...and the only song I do like played is Mofo live from Mexico.
anyone with me?

FB

I absolutely don't really like the studio versions. I love U2 because of their live shows. Based purely on album stuff, they are an above average band, but nothing more than that.

Live U2 is where it's at.

Axver said:

If that's all they've seen, that would explain the original post, as that's the worst of U2's live releases.

Now, in light of Under A Blood Red Sky or anything from the UF, JT, and Lovetown Tours, the original post is completely lacking in justification or accuracy.

Yeah, this could be the result of the Elevation Tour. Maybe that made you think U2 is worse live.

For me, U2 are clearly a live band. The atmosphere they are able to generate at a live concert is just amazing. Their live performance is what makes the band great. That doesn't mean that I don't like their studio work, but I have really learned to appreciate their live work more in recent years. I haven't listened to a proper studio album in months, I only listen to live recordings and bootlegs these days.

Back
Top Bottom