is "FUCK" a bad word???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is one of my DIAMOND-IMPACT words,for instance when my ex and I are bantering sometimes I calmly look at her and say ,SHUT THE FUCK UP! She usually does..

Originally posted by UnforgettableLemon:
Fuck! That's an Oasis song!

Plus it seems to be how Liam ends every single one of his sentences. I'm getting mod fer it!

------------------
Change is the only constant

The first time I heard fuck, I was in the third grade and Dickie, the boy who sat in front of me told me to go say fuck to the teacher. I didn't do it and Dickie went around saying fuck to everyone until he got kicked out- for good. Nowadays kids say fuck in school every day (I know I have a middle and a high schooler, they hear it) and the teacher doesn't even look up anymore. Times have changed.

Contrary to what some of you may assume, though I do not like fuck and do not say it, and I feel so bad for typing it, I am not opposed to it. It really doesn't bug me and it's almost funny to me because of something that happened when I was a teenager. There was this guy and girl in my circle of friends who had broken up, and the girl walked by where the rest of us were hanging out in somebody's yard one day and a terrible argument broke out. As Daphne walked away, Brian yelled out, 'hey fuck you!' She looked back slyly over her shoulder and delivered the deadpan remark, 'you'd like to wouldn't ya?!'
Even though the situation was tense it was hard not to laugh. Every time I hear someone say it now I think of that, and it doesn't even bug me if someone says it to me because I think of what Daphne said and it's just too funny. It took all the sting and force out of it to hear the alleged dreaded putdown reduced to a joke like that.

Bono's dad said that saying it too much defeats its purpose. One fuck is strong but the more fucks you say the less impact your fucks have! That was so funny coming from an old man, but when you think about it it's true!

I am very selective when I use the word fuck these days, I hardly use it now but I use it when in a dicussion I want to draw attention more to what I say, using fuck in a sentence makes it almost like you are screaming what you say so the person reading it will respond to it greater than they would say I said it in a very normal tone and very bland way. Using it can be helpful in situations but over using it can drown you.

~rougerum

I cant help it, honestly. It just comes out like its an everyday word such as "the" or "and".

test111.gif

------------------
Midnight Is Where The Day Begins

Sicy's Website

I have no aversion to saying fuck, I would just rather find better adjectives. I guess fuck is not part of my regular vernacular - however, the Chicago native in me can't help but let it slip in me from time to time.
wink.gif

(especially true when discussing BEAL)

It is an amazing word. The most versatile in the english language. Example:
"I'm going out tonight. Getting fucked up"
"Do you think you'll get fucked?"
"Nah, which is fucked"

A conversation that I SWEAR I did not have 5 minutes ago...

F*CK is definately a bad word but F*ck ya is cool!

------------------
Great posts have great signatures

What I've just realised that f*ck is the only word that could be used as all the parts of speech.eg.

adjective "that looks f*cking cool"
noun "look at that f*ck"

etc..etc..

I dont wanna risk being banned for expilcit language.
wink.gif

------------------
Great posts have great signatures

'Fuck you!'
'No,fuck you!'
'Fuck you!'
'Fuck you!'
'Fuck you!'
'Fuck you!'
-Jessica Orville and Vivien in The Million Dollar Hotel

now this is a erlightening discussion...
rolleyes.gif

honestly, don't we have better things to talk about than cursing?

yes, it is a bad word. i don't use it (ok i did it once, and i am still embarassed about it).
it annoys me when people use it. mature people don't need it.

it's only bad if kiddies use it.. hence u all shouldn't be using it..

u2girl... nah i won't say it.. too easy

all I'll say is that referees can take their linemens' flags and fuck themselves with it (*still remebers the 97 juve - inter match*)

I am a mother of three and I love the word, used selectively. I must say my children hardly ever hear me say it(although I here them often enough, especially my sons) except in the car.
It is very explosive quality - it sometimes the only appropriate word!! It somehow releases a lot of tension.
e.g. In answer to a question
Well, I'm fucked if I know!
I tend not to use it as a verb - more the adjective
e.g. fucking hell Why aren't u2 coming to Australia!!
Maybe Ausies use it differently.
Pamela

I can't believe I wrote this post, but I've had a sressful day and now I feel much better.

I am a mother of three and I love the word, used selectively. I must say my children hardly ever hear me say it(although I here them often enough, especially my sons) except in the car.
It is very explosive quality - it sometimes the only appropriate word!! It somehow releases a lot of tension.
Pamela

I can't believe I wrote this post, but I've had a sressful day and now I feel much better.

Pamela

So Sorry for the for posting 3 times!!!!
It was an accident
Well, I fucked up didn't I.

I used to be Pamela (106 posts) but because of technical difficulties I had to reinvent myself - PopTart, Pamela.
So I suppose this is one way to get my posts up - fucking brilliant if you ask me!!

Pamela

Don't fuckin' fuck with me you fuckin' fuck or I'll fuckin' fuck you up!
Fuck is NOT a Bad word! It's the most powerful word in the English language.

------------------
The goal is ELEVATION!

Originally posted by Bonochick:

Apparently, there is a town in Austria called Fucking:

That's it, I'm moving to Fucking! Can you do my taxes if I live in Austia, Salome?

------------------
"See, the rock star gets his way! Thank you very much. This feels very Elvis. Thank you."

Bono ~ Houston, Texas 4-02-01

Anybody remember Steve Martin's Rental Car Counter scene in Planes,Trains and Automobiles?? Something like...

Steve :There was no fucking car in the fucking parking spot and I had to walk across the fucking road where the fucking truck splashed me .....
Rental agent :do you have you rental agreement sir?
Steve : I fucking tore it up!!!
Rental agent : Well then, I guess your fucked.

One of my all time funniest movie scenes!!!

Originally posted by SanDiego Brenda:
Anybody remember Steve Martin's Rental Car Counter scene in Planes,Trains and Automobiles?? Something like...

Steve :There was no fucking car in the fucking parking spot and I had to walk across the fucking road where the fucking truck splashed me .....
Rental agent :do you have you rental agreement sir?
Steve : I fucking tore it up!!!
Rental agent : Well then, I guess your fucked.

One of my all time funniest movie scenes!!!

LOL!!! Just what I need, (migrane coming on) and I need laughter. It has been so long ... I had forgot about that scene, think I will rent that tonight!
biggrin.gif

Don't know, don't care..too intoxicated...but Wanderer, where the fuck are you???
I tried IMing you but you're not around!!!!!!!!!!!!

later babe!

- jules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom