Is Bono the modern Elvis?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i'd compare him more to a modern day John Lennon.

all in all, bono is in his own league.

tell me, what rock star has had this much political power while still staying cool?

Im thinking the charisma of elvis..the intellect of lennon...and stature of Napolean

Nah , John Lennon was much cooler , much better guitar player , big personality ...bono is lame and goin wrong partys too much
Elvis is the king , and bono is not that handsome and his costumes from elevation 2001 tour were like from japanese 70% off cheap store .

Bono plays and writes most of his own material - isn't that something Elvis didn't do much of?

Elsvis was so great , that he didn't need all that composer sh#t , many people would write for him , It was all about elvis . He was high above everything .

Well, Bono and Elvis are/were both big personalities and have/had a lot of influence, but personally I wouldn't say that Bono is the modern Elvis for Elvis is immortal in the music business and - I'm very sorry - Bono won't be remembered as a single person in the history of music but rather as the singer of a great and amazing Irish rock band. His activities outside U2 won't be mentioned in musical context, I think so....

:huh: Eh...not a big fan of Elvis myself. Bono is just Bono...but, like somebody else said, I'd probably compare him more to John Lennon. I :heart: John Lennon. :happy:

No because Bono wrote his own songs, unlike Elvis.

Maybe Jon Bon Jovi working with Max Martin (?) can be likened more to Elvis.

Cheers,

J
The King Of POP

david said:
Bono is the male white version of Oprah.

No way! Bono is much cooler than Oprah. I used to like Oprah years ago, but now I find both her and her show really irritating. Sure, it was great that she invited Bono on her show as a guest, but still....

Bono's shades said:

No way! Bono is much cooler than Oprah. I used to like Oprah years ago, but now I find both her and her show really irritating. Sure, it was great that she invited Bono on her show as a guest, but still....

:happy: Oprah's cool. Yeah, she's a bit of a girlie-girl, but she's very cool. I'm glad she won that humanitarian award at the Emmys.

Back
Top Bottom