Is Bono still able to sing lemon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He could pull off lemon. I heard a lot of bootlegs from this tour, and his falsetto is fine. I'm not sure if it was Manchester or London, but I remember Bono doing the falsetto part in One, and I remember thinking: "He still got it".
He sang falsetto on In A Little While during Elevation Tour, and his voice is clearly better on this tour.
And I doubt that many people on this board would think he could pull off the opera part in Miss Sarajevo before Vertigo Tour started. But he did. Why isn't that considered evidence of that Bono haven't lost his voice? But everytime he misses, it's considered evidence of that he has lost his voice.

Last edited:
RavenBlue said:
I agree that if the B-man is having trouble reaching the high notes in Lemon then just switch the parts. Let Edge sing the verse and then Bono could do the "Man takes a picture.. " bit.

aw, man! how cool would be such a thing! ......................................

if we compare this bono to the elevation bono we can claim ourselves more than happy. he's not on the older times voice, but maybe just a step down, he improved his voice a lotand he would do many songs who seem "difficult", maybe not only the lemona!

i would still love to know how he is struggling to sing miss sarajevo :|, every version i have heard he nails

PG Canada said:

I just don't see where people are coming from when they say his voice is the best it's ever been. It's not even close, and that's okay and understandable.

it's not the best ever, but you can't deny his voice is much clearer than the recent past. so, it's close to the best ever...........

shaun vox said:
ok so this is me singing lemon all 39 seconds of it lol!!

http://s22.you send it.com/d.aspx?id=3I1T2S35BAU082BQHNMTKAVFXW

just move the space between(you send it)

:lmao:

Not bad at all shaun, you do sound like Bano, not bad at all!!!

- you are nearly at the same level as the mighty zwervers2 of Mighty Jane :drool: :drool: :drool: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

KUEFC09U2 said:
well from the boots i have of this tour he hits the higher parts of one, he couldnt during the elevation tour for the most part, same with popmart, but he hits them this time out, best he has since Zoo

:up: :applaud: :yes:

I'm not sure what boots these people are listening to, but barring the occasional off night (and Bono did have them during the JT and ZOO tours as well), he's doing great. This is the best I've heard Bono's voice since ZOO TV - and the fact that he's hitting notes as high and as powerful as he did during the Lovetown Tour is also wickedly impressive.

So, I'll say it again - Bono can do "Lemon". The question is, why? It doesn't flow with this tour as it stands.

doctorwho said:

:up: :applaud: :yes:

I'm not sure what boots these people are listening to, but barring the occasional off night (and Bono did have them during the JT and ZOO tours as well), he's doing great. This is the best I've heard Bono's voice since ZOO TV - and the fact that he's hitting notes as high and as powerful as he did during the Lovetown Tour is also wickedly impressive.

So, I'll say it again - Bono can do "Lemon". The question is, why? It doesn't flow with this tour as it stands.

amen

Even in ZooTV, Bono had a little trouble with lemon, it sounded great but not like the studio version, you can bet the studio version is a mix of many many takes likes someone mentioned in here, I was really excited when the rumors of this tour lemon was included and if they do play it, I'm sure bono will suprise us just like with Miss Sarajevo

Axver said:
Now, I know very little about singing, but wouldn't what he's currently singing during Miss Sarajevo be harder than the Lemon falsetto?

Any singing experts out there?

I can sing Lemon.

I can't sing what he's singing in Miss Sarajevo.

So I imagine it must be lots harder. :huh:

Back
Top Bottom