Is Bono losing his coolness?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What are you talking about, Bono not being as cool as before?

I'm only 27 and I fucken dig his purple and pink shirts!!!

Bono is not only one droolie smilie...he's:

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

*SQUARED*

BonoVoxSupastar said:
If any of you were around to really experience the transistion between JT and AB, everyone thought Bono lost it. He came out wearing leather and these ridiculous oversized wrap around sunglasses and everyone thought "what the hell?" He was not cool. He then made it cool.

Live Aid he jumped off stage and embraced a girl, everyone ragged on him, later it became a pivotal moment for U2.

Bono shaved his head for Pop, some people still hate it others think it's it's his coolest moment.

No one has stood there on stage and cried about his father, sung about Africa, and talked about religions trying to get along in a tour. Some will thing he's uncool, but those who wear their heart on their sleeves usually come off that way, but one day we'll look back and think how fucking cool was he. During a time where music is about building up walls around our insecurities Bono tore them down.

Great post :up:

Bono is cool because he doesn't try to be cool. He's a fully dimensional human being with the same frailties and strengths as many of us. He's always growing as a person (well, not height-wise) and never puts on pretentious, "too cool for school" airs. I just loved how enthusiastic he was at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction. He and the rest of the boys, were like kids, so full of joy to be there. And to me that is very, very cool

And unlike the skeevy posers on "Rock Star: INXS", Bono has never given my television the clap.:wink:

Golightly Grrl said:

And unlike the skeevy posers on "Rock Star: INXS", Bono has never given my television the clap.:wink:

just spit out diet coke over the laptop:lol:

:shh: I think Bono and the rest of u2 are actually increasing in coolness

Golightly Grrl said:

What does Bono make of this show I wonder? That is definitely uncool, in my opinion. :|

Always

I think it was Bono who wrote and then sang the following lyric in the song Always:

"be uncool, yes be akward"

and in COBL

"don't look, before you laugh, look ugly in a photograph"

and you could go on and on...

After reading "Bono: in conversation", he seems more like an average guy to me now than ever. Kinda like Dr. Who said, Bono and the band seem to be "over" being worried about their image or Pop or whatever...they seem more comfortable than ever on stage with each other, and the result is that they are playing very well together on this tour.

So, with the band and Bono being a little more relaxed lately, it seems like they just don't care anymore about being perceived as "cool". And that, right there, is pretty cool.

I defenitely like him more than on Elevation. I feel it is Elevation Bono but upgraded! :D I really feel he is cooler than before

Bono's a slaphead so he's no longer cool, and he wears some kind of hair thickener to cover it up. Next he will be combing it over, like a right slaphead!:wink:

slaphead lol bono just needs to grow his hair out and i mean long!!! i dont care if hes an old man !! he is still in a band so grow your hair out!!! it looked like he was growing his hair(before the tour) but then he goes and gets that dum hair cut :mad:

shaun vox said:
slaphead lol bono just needs to grow his hair out and i mean long!!! i dont care if hes an old man !! he is still in a band so grow your hair out!!! it looked like he was growing his hair(before the tour) but then he goes and gets that dum hair cut :mad:

Nah, what Bono needs is a good comb over like Bobby Charlton!:wink:

The new haircut (or lack thereof) is ridiculous. Bono looks like Geddy Lee of the quintissential shitty Canadian Rock Band Rush. Absolutely terrible. Give me back the Beautiful Day look!

Every time I look at the front cover of Rolling Stone (their most recent cover) I cringe.

neutral said:
Hehe I guess. :shrug: I'm not going to go pore over a bunch of Geddy Lee pics to compare. :wink:

:lol:

It's just one of my favourite quotes from an Oasis interview. Noel says something totally and completely outrageous (so what else is new?) and the journalist just writes "Harsh...but no doubt fair." It made me laugh even though I completely disagreed with what Noel had said. So I was just quoting from that, reading it back it does sound a bit...snappy. Sorry! That wasn't how I meant it at all!

I actually have no idea what Geddy Lee looks like (which is presumably a good thing??)

But Bono's hair... :tsk:

Bring back the Beautiful Day look!

Last edited:
I am a huge Oasis fan, you'd think I would have recognized that. :huh: I love Noel's interviews. :lol: I was listening to one this week where he kept offering to strip down to a thong for the DJ interviewing him, over and over. :uhoh: :lmao:

Anyway yeah I definitely agree on the BD look. :)

JOFO said:

to me, Bono was never cooler than at the Grammy's 1994 for the acceptance of zooropa best alternative album/sinatra induction speech.

man......:bow:

Absolutely! Coolest moment ever! I wish I could see it again cos I can only vaguely remember now.

:cool: zooropa grammy/stay video bono :cool:

I've had my grievances with u2 over the past couple of albums, but I still find Bono the most captivating performer I've ever seen. I loved his performance on this tour, more than the Elevation Tour.

But you'll never top PopMart for me, that was Bono at the peak of his rock star posing. The Bono of now, is a much calmer soul, but still a very cool rock star in my book.

I will be honest in saying that as much as I love Bono sticking up for the causes of the world, he needs to be a rock star more than a politician.

What IS up with Bono's hair?

It looks flat, stiff, unreal.

Extensions? Hair implant? Hair thickener? Spray on hair?

:eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom