Is Bono losing his coolness? - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-21-2005, 02:43 PM   #31
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 08:48 PM
I think he is still "cool" in my point of view. He and also Edge, Larry and Adam, especially Adam, but each one with his own "coolness" I think.

The Fly, Mirrorball and MacPhisto were awesome but don't forget that they were pure acting... but those were great moments

Old 07-21-2005, 02:48 PM   #32
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Jamila
Bono would be the first to tell you that he is not cool - he's HOT!

... ... ABSOLUTELY HOT INDEED !!

Old 07-21-2005, 02:58 PM   #33
Refugee

Local Time: 04:48 PM
To me Bono is like a fine wine, he keeps getting better with age. He is still a very cool person, wrinkles and all.
Old 07-21-2005, 03:47 PM   #34
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by mdw3935
To me Bono is like a fine wine, he keeps getting better with age. He is still a very cool person, wrinkles and all.
Well said!!!
Old 07-21-2005, 03:56 PM   #35
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by Tennis05
Sorry, completely disagree. watch the encore of u2 on snl this past november where they go through "i will follow"- best i have ever seen them do on this song and bono was rocking. also, the vertigo video is one of bono's most rocking moments in my mind. finally, bono and his snippets. he sings a little bit of young americans by bowie duirng the quiet middle of mysterious ways in san jose and its so frickin rocking. he's on top of his game.
When Bono sang 'I Will Follow' on SNL, there was no question about his cool factor... the show's regulars where jumping, shouting, some of the women were in tears. That night, there was no cooler man in NYC.
Old 07-21-2005, 04:03 PM   #36
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

TO add to the above statement ...he was looking (GULP) HAWT!!!
Old 07-21-2005, 05:27 PM   #37
War Child

Local Time: 06:48 AM
he'll still be cool when he's 90
Old 07-21-2005, 05:55 PM   #38
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by najeena

When Bono sang 'I Will Follow' on SNL, there was no question about his cool factor... the show's regulars where jumping, shouting, some of the women were in tears. That night, there was no cooler man in NYC.
omg the end of SNL... i still can't believe he did that!! that wasn't cool, that was HOT to the nth degree.

As far as I'm concerned Bono nor the rest of the band will ever be quite as cool as they were during ZooTV (or Popmart, though I'm sure many disagree with me, I thought they were quite badass). However, I'd say they are all still extremely cool and just as cool as, if not more so, they were during Elevation tour.

Bono will always be cool, and Edge will always be cooler and Edge will always be hot, but Bono will always be hotter
Old 07-21-2005, 06:16 PM   #39
Refugee

this thread is dumb
Old 07-21-2005, 06:46 PM   #40
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

If any of you were around to really experience the transistion between JT and AB, everyone thought Bono lost it. He came out wearing leather and these ridiculous oversized wrap around sunglasses and everyone thought "what the hell?" He was not cool. He then made it cool.

Live Aid he jumped off stage and embraced a girl, everyone ragged on him, later it became a pivotal moment for U2.

Bono shaved his head for Pop, some people still hate it others think it's it's his coolest moment.

No one has stood there on stage and cried about his father, sung about Africa, and talked about religions trying to get along in a tour. Some will thing he's uncool, but those who wear their heart on their sleeves usually come off that way, but one day we'll look back and think how fucking cool was he. During a time where music is about building up walls around our insecurities Bono tore them down.
Old 07-21-2005, 06:50 PM   #41
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
During a time where music is about building up walls around our insecurities Bono tore them down.
that's one hell of a great quote.

to me, Bono was never cooler than at the Grammy's 1994 for the acceptance of zooropa best alternative album/sinatra induction speech.

man......

anyone from PLEABA got some pics of that?
Old 07-21-2005, 06:54 PM   #42
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by JOFO

that's one hell of a great quote.

Thanks...
Old 07-21-2005, 06:56 PM   #43
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
If any of you were around to really experience the transistion between JT and AB, everyone thought Bono lost it. He came out wearing leather and these ridiculous oversized wrap around sunglasses and everyone thought "what the hell?" He was not cool. He then made it cool.

Live Aid he jumped off stage and embraced a girl, everyone ragged on him, later it became a pivotal moment for U2.

Bono shaved his head for Pop, some people still hate it others think it's it's his coolest moment.

No one has stood there on stage and cried about his father, sung about Africa, and talked about religions trying to get along in a tour. Some will thing he's uncool, but those who wear their heart on their sleeves usually come off that way, but one day we'll look back and think how fucking cool was he. During a time where music is about building up walls around our insecurities Bono tore them down.
Old 07-21-2005, 07:53 PM   #44
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by starvinmarvin
this thread is dumb
I'll second that. If you want to talk about how 'hot' Bono is, go back to PLEBA. And 'hot' doesn't have squat to do with 'cool'.

And frankly, I don't give a shit if Bono's 'cool'. He's a bloody awesome person to me, and that's all that I care about.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-21-2005, 07:59 PM   #45
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

ZING.