Is Bono going bald?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by Sicy:
I dont think he wears a wig but its obvious he dyes his hair.

Most definitely!
cool.gif

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
*shrugs* I don't care if he is. All this obsession with looks and youth is stupid anyways. He's a great singer, a powerful poet, and a political activist. Hair has nothing to do with that.

I don't see it but...

Howard Stern said something the other day that Bono was all high on Rogaine at the Grammmys. And there is a little poll on atu2.com that says "Can Bono save the world? He can't even save his own hairline." So, is Bono really going bald?

------------------
Live As If You'll Die Tomorrow, Dream As If You'll Live Forever

No. Howard Stern is a jerk. Bono's hair was looking kind of thin for awhile,(late 90's, BD video) but not anymore. Whatever he did to fix it, it worked, his hair is luscious and thick and beautiful. Howard Stern just wants to pick at something and act like an ass. He used to joke on U2 for Popmart but that's over, he's not funny. I guess no one would really say that about Edge since it's true it would be rude.

These two pics were taken in the last week. Looks damn fine to me. I'd love to run my hands through it. Now, if he'd just grow the ponytail back *SIGH* runs back to PLEBA*
wink.gif

bnyp_02.JPG

metafter-u201.jpg

------------------
~Burned by the fire of love~

[This message has been edited by Autumn454 (edited 03-08-2002).]

*shrugs* I don't care if he is. All this obsession with looks and youth is stupid anyways. He's a great singer, a powerful poet, and a political activist. Hair has nothing to do with that.

besides...Edge is the hottest guy in U2 and he is WAY bald.
biggrin.gif

Going bald might be a bit overestimated(?) but lose some hair, probably. Look at his father and his brother, Bono probably will end up somewhat likely.

bono-dad2.jpg

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

http://community.webshots.com/user/misszooropa
Pictures from Copenhagen (shirtless ones), London and Dublin, Slane.

Originally posted by tiny dancer:
Most definitely!
cool.gif

There is NO question he dyes his hair -- I mean, how could he have started out with medium to light brown hair and ended up with solid black?
wink.gif

------------------

"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Hair Implants, even better than the real thing!

------------------
Please...don't make me say please, champagne and ice cream, it's not what I want, it's what I need.

Generally, Irish people age faster than others. This is due to the amount of melanin (a sign pigment) that their skin produces. As well, their hair goes gray faster...does Bono dye his hair? Yup, probably. Look at the color change. WHo cares? He looks good...

I know in my family, my grandfather has a full head of hair, one son is completely bald, and the other still has an afro-type thing goin' on. Just b/c Bono's dad and brother are balding doesn't mean Bono is too...

Has his hairline receeded? Probably slightly. Really, who cares? He still looks good. It hasn't affected his singing. It hasn't hindered his ability to write songs. And that's what we're there for: THE MUSIC

------------------
*I can't see that thief that lives inside of your head
But I could be some courage at the side of your bed
I don't know what's happening and I can't pretend
But I could be your, be your...*

what Bono's Dad looks like doesn't count as much since baldness is hereditary on the MOTHER'S side of the family. A nurse told me this. Look at Mick Jagger, 59 years old with a full thick head of hair. His Dad is totally slick bald on top. Also, people who go bald generally start to go in their early 20's. Later, it may thin, but the typical male pattern baldness head will not happen.

IMO, Bono's hair looks just beautiful. Yes he dyes it or it would be grey. It looks better black. I like it a lot.

------------------

Originally posted by Hitman:
I don't see it but...

Howard Stern said something the other day that Bono was all high on Rogaine at the Grammmys. And there is a little poll on atu2.com that says "Can Bono save the world? He can't even save his own hairline." So, is Bono really going bald?

Please take Howard for what he is worth. I am a fan of Howard, but he is simply there to point out other people's flaws, ridicule them and berate almost anyone. Unless you come on his show and kiss his ass, of course.

As a matter of fact, he annoyed me after the grammy's b/c he killed U2(and mostly everyone else for that matter) and it wasn't even funny.

He hates U2. That is why he and that cackling bitch Robin constantly rag on U2 whenever they have a chance(the morning after the Grammy's was a great chance). That is also why he lets Henry Rollins have a forum a couple of times a year to mock U2(he even went as far to "wish that Bono's life is cut short."---I lost all respect for him after that).

Howard praised a 1-hit wonder like Train after the Grammy's b/c they came on his show(aka, used him for exposure). Howard likes P. Diddy and Pink. He hates U2.

The point is Howard is not the source for musical talent. One more thing that Howard failed to mention: the main difference between him and U2 is that U2 is still good and creative.

Yes I agree about Stern. Don't pay him any mind. Rollins was quoted last year as saying 'if Bono's life ended tommorrow it would not be a moment too soon.' What a &*%#!

About the going bald question, I say no.
capt.1015813343.frank_foundation_xsc103.jpg

capt.1015813691.frank_foundation_xsc105.jpg

These pics were from yesterday. His hair looks very pretty and healthy to me.

Originally posted by *Stormy*:
Yes I agree about Stern. Don't pay him any mind. Rollins was quoted last year as saying 'if Bono's life ended tommorrow it would not be a moment too soon.' What a &*%#!

Well there you go.
I think these pics are proof enough.
Howard Stern is a mega loser...and an ugly mofo at that...so he compensates for his own shortcomings by putting people down.
And ditto the above comments for Henry Rollins.
Rollins has had it out for Bono and U2 since day one. A miserable bastard to say the least. And sorry in advance to anyone who is a Rollins fan here, but the man *REALLY* sucks.Period. End of Story. I cannot sit through one song of his. A musical moron...what we have here is the Mozart-Salieri scenario.
This thread...LMAO!!!
I bet you Bono is getting a real kick out of this one....LOL..WHILE he runs his hands through his hair!!
Whether you like it or not...he's got hair. The fact that he's got near-white hair around his temples gives you the impression that he is losing his hair....but trust me, it's all there.
At the core of it all....it's the music what matters.
Their incredible music on many levels just cannot be rivalled by any other....and it's pure jealousy that make people stoop to levels such as Stern and Rollins.
Sorry for the rant.
Love Autumn

Originally posted by mmmBono:
...what we have here is the Mozart-Salieri scenario.

LMAO!! That's a fact, Bono is great and Rollins sucks, he's worse than a 'mediocrity'
biggrin.gif

You said it all mmmBono, and I bet Bono IS laughing while he runs his hands through his hair!
biggrin.gif

These pics were from yesterday. His hair looks very pretty and healthy to me.[/b][/QUOTE]
Well there you go.

Originally posted by mmmBono:

Well there you go.

Doesn't Clinton look like he's trying to figure out if the rumours are true or not, the way he's looking at Bono in that second picture?

LMAO!! That's a fact, Bono is great and Rollins sucks, he's worse than a 'mediocrity'
biggrin.gif

You said it all mmmBono, and I bet Bono IS laughing while he runs his hands through his hair!
biggrin.gif
LOL!!
Thanks!!
I guess you've seen the movie...one of my favourites....
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Henry Rollins can kiss my 1/4 royal Irish Ass.
And note to Howard Stern: maybe before making the usual dumbass comments that you're so famous for, perhaps taking your head out of your own ass would help. Maybe then people will start considering your commentaries as funny. Just some advice. And yes...we all know you want to do Bono. Come out of the closet already.

Thanks! Great Pics! Where were these taken? NYC? You know, Bono is going to keep getting destroyed in the media(especially by conservatives), for hanging out with certain people. I guess they don't realize they he IS genuine and IS trying to make a difference. How sad.

Anyone, back to Stern & Rollins. To be honest, I am an avid Stern fan. Although he pissed me off with the U2 thing and he isn't as good as in the past, I still enjoy him. He rags on everyone(equal opportunity offender; I bet you him and Bono would get along b/c they are actually very different out of the spotlight and are intelligent people(Stern is rather intelligent, you just have to find it in him).

As for Henry Rollins: this is very interesting for me. In fact, I wanted to start another thread about this(and I might!). I did not realize how much he hated U2 until a couple of years ago. I then discovered that he has hated them for a long time.

Apparently he thinks that U2 are Clash-wanna be's. Sure, U2 were influenced by the Clash and the Clash is a great band. However, their messages are different. The Clash were more violent, mean-spirited(like Rollins), were less into money(which is a good thing, I think?), etc... I think U2 became bigger and better than the Clash. I mean, the Clash were barely around for 10 years and U2 is still going strong. Whatever their both great.

Back to Rollins: you know, he actually is a very motivated person who says what's on his mind and says many things that are true. Even though I don't like him, he is very provacative and I am interested in what he has to say. However, I there is NO need to wish another person dead for no apparent reason. If Rollins doesn't like u2's music, that is fine; to wish them dead is just wrong. If anyone knows why Rollins hates them so much, please inform me. There is A LOT of music out there that I don't like. That IS NOT a reason to wish anyone dead!!!!

Personally, I think he is quite pissed off, frustrated and jealous of the fact that U2 are as big as they are and have become bigger and better than the Clash. I mean, Rollins doesn't even give U2 credit for anything!!!!! It is a shame. What are ya gonna do? That's life.

Look forward to any replies and insight on this subject(Rollins, not the hair)

My 2 cents: met "mini-Bono" (Danno), and he says he has it from very reliable sources that Bono has gotten plugs. I didn't want to believe it, but he told me to compare pics....from "now" (last Miami show) to "then" (performances in support of the album before tour announcements). I haven't sat down and scrutinized photos (hair loss in men doesn't mean that much to me, and besides, Bono's looks aren't why I adore him), but just looking at recent photos of him, and remembering previous considerations of his hairline make me think Danno-boy may well be onto something. Check it out for yourself--there's plenty of pics around.

------------------
"Love is a verb..."
enterangell@cs.com

Originally posted by Angell:
My 2 cents: met "mini-Bono" (Danno), and he says he has it from very reliable sources that Bono has gotten plugs. I didn't want to believe it, but he told me to compare pics....from "now" (last Miami show) to "then" (performances in support of the album before tour announcements). I haven't sat down and scrutinized photos (hair loss in men doesn't mean that much to me, and besides, Bono's looks aren't why I adore him), but just looking at recent photos of him, and remembering previous considerations of his hairline make me think Danno-boy may well be onto something. Check it out for yourself--there's plenty of pics around.

If he had received transplants, then he wouldn't have the recession at the temples. That's the very reason to get transplants - to restore what has receded. So sorry, try again.
biggrin.gif

As someone who notices other people's hair, due to the fact that I have very little, here's what I've noticed concerning Bono's crown of dead cells:

--First sign of hairloss was when I saw the "Discotheque" video. Slightly receding hairline.

--During PopMart Tour his hair was cut very very short, which further supported the claim that his hairline was receding. Short hair makes the hairline look higher on anyone. Long hair conceals the receding.

--Throughout most of the post-PopMart days (1998-early 2000) he was always seen wearing at hat. Most of you remember this period. Now, men who get hair transplants usually wear hats a few months after the operation to conceal scar tissue. This would mean that Bono had several procedures done to his head throughout the late 1990's. I'm not saying Bono had transplants, because I have no proof. I AM saying that it's fishy that he would have more hair after that period of wearing a hat.

--Something has definiately changed on his head. His hair is poofier than before, which suggests that he is using some sort of volumizer that would make it look like he has more hair. Why he would do this if he wasn't going bald is beyond me.

Final thought: Bono began to have dramatic hairloss during the Pop recording and tour. He had transplants taken from the back of his head (which is were hair transplants ALWAYS come from), had them placed at his hairline to stop the receding, and then around his crown. This would explain why he's wearing his hair quite long in the back. Once they take the roots from the back, it thins out THAT area. If Bono were to cut his hair ultra-short, we'd all notice the thinning all over his head.
Does it matter? Ultimately no, but in the rock star world you basically have to fit the image. If Bono went bald, U2 wouldn't be as marketable. Being someone who will eventually lose all his hair, this is humbling to me personally. For Bono, he'll do what he has to do, even if that means wearing wigs, hairpieces, units are whatever they're calling them these days.

If he had transplants I wouldn't care. Getting hair restoration before you go totally bald wouldn't be so bad.

Hell it's your body do what you want with it, if something needs repairs that's what we have doctors for.

Lose a tooth? Get a new one from the dentist. The same came be applied to the hair.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

its called hair implants

it appears u2 is one of the few bands that are very image conscious

on the other hand, larry is getting seriously old for some reason

and isnt he supposed to be the goodlooking one?

has anybody ever watched that show 'Now and Again'? he somehow resembles that Micheal Wiseman character

------------------
Life is A Mystery
Everyone Must Stand Alone
I Hear You Call My Name
And it feels like...

Home

Back
Top Bottom