Is bono a freemason or linked with any masonic things?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MissVelvetDress_75 said:
What exactly is a mason?

Beats the hell out of me. All I know is my dad used to dress up in these funky outfits and go off to do his masonic thing.

:shrug:

U2 does like to dress up in funny clothes....

MattFromNYC said:
i think the masons have an underlining sinister side as well. when you get the higher level.. 33 degree or something.

So Bono is definitely above level 33 then? :hmm:

MattFromNYC said:
i think the masons have an underlining sinister side as well. when you get the higher level.. 33 degree or something.

Oh yeah, he was way up there. He was the local big shot for a while.

And I do know there has been talk about them being sinister...and they are supposed to be some sort of secret society. But honestly, I think my dad just liked it so he could dress up (he loved to dress up :rolleyes: ) and have a little private social club. The more time he could spend away from home the more he liked it. Worked for the rest of the family too. :)

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
It takes a brave man to admit his fetishes.

it takes an even braver man to post this
Well, I did sort of hint at it with my wife a couple of hours ago... lol.
Here's sort of how the convo went:

She: whatcha doing online?
me: nothin' really...
she: hmm... busy typing some kinky MacPhisto fanfic or something?
me: haha nah.
she: i bet...
me: shut up.
she: will not.
me: so, still going out to dinner with that nutcase friend of yours tonight?
she: shut the fuck up, matt. oh and no... she's gotta work.
me: (laughing) wanna try something cool tonight?
she: oh god what
me: a cool idea came to me whilst posting on PLEBA..
she: (who lurls on here all the time but doesnt post, but didnt know i posted on PLEBA forum specifically..) YOU POSTED ON THAT??
me: yeah, whats wrong with that?
she: nothing really, thats usually for the women, you know.. oh thats right...
me: yeah well, (you smartass), well, i was thinking... you like doing wild things sometimes... how about you dress up as a Miss MacPHisto?
she: (just makes this really really crazy expression and kind of turns reddish)
me: MacPhistra
she: *bursts out laughing*
me: come on!! it'll be fun.
(5 mins later of back and forth with that dialogue)
she: ok, as long as you fix my laptop and cut the dog's hair.. (our pet dog),. fine. we'll see.
me: (totally fucking shocked) YOU FUCKING SERIOUS???
she: sure, why not. i'll probably look like shit, but you're gonna have to dress up, too.
me: (not sure what she means by that and refuses to tell me.. shes planning something as we speak... )
so, at 11pm tonight.. which in about 1 hour from now.. I will have my very own MacPhistra.. and me.. well.. im frightened at what she'll make me dress up as.. or makeup me ass.

wish me luck!!

:drool:

MissVelvetDress_75 said:

here indra, I found some information:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4500571/

Yeah. That sounds like what he was into. He wasn't a Shriner though...he thought of them as lesser because they had fun. :shame: It was serious business. Yeah, right. :rolleyes: He had a blast, he just didn't want anyone to know it.

Hey Matt, don't feel too bad...at least it looks as if you have a sex life.

:sexywink:

Think about it. How many people in here do you think can say that? Honestly.

masons hate God and Christians in particular. All Bono talks about is God and quotes from the bible all the time. I think your theory is off my friend, but I'm with you in believing that the masons are sinister and not to be trusted.

akann said:
masons hate God and Christians in particular. All Bono talks about is God and quotes from the bible all the time. I think your theory is off my friend, but I'm with you in believing that the masons are sinister and not to be trusted.

That's complete bullshit.

Don't talk about things you assume, please.

Mason aren't allowed to discuss religion or politics in their temples, but that doesn't mean they don't believe in either one.

PlaTheGreat said:

Mason aren't allowed to discuss religion or politics in their temples, but that doesn't mean they don't believe in either one.

Correct. Most of the Masons I remember were also active in their churches. My dad sure was (much to my displeasure).

I think they are just a bunch of guys who want to get away from their wives. :shrug: Nothing sinister at all...unless wanting to get away from your wife is sinister, which it could be. In my family's case we were quite happy to see dad off for a while. :D

Last edited:
PlaTheGreat said:

don't assume that I'm assuming. My aunty is a Catholic who is married to a mason, and is not allowed to hang up any religous objects in her house due to my uncle's beliefs. I've had a long conversation about the masons with him , and he has told me for a fact that masons cannot stand any form of religon and the belief in a higher being is also not accepted. I have also read a lot of material on them which confirms this.

akann said:

don't assume that I'm assuming. My aunty is a Catholic who is married to a mason, and is not allowed to hang up any religous objects in her house due to my uncle's beliefs. I've had a long conversation about the masons with him , and he has told me for a fact that masons cannot stand any form of religon and the belief in a higher being is also not accepted. I have also read a lot of material on them which confirms this.

Well my dad was a mason and he practically had a whole frickin' Catholic church in his/our house -- a huge marble alter, a baptismal font, several complete sets of stations of the cross, chalices, huge brass candle sticks and candelabras, pews (like a whole church's worth), nun stalls, the whole deal. He had kind of a Catholic fetish (we weren't Catholic either :ohmy: ).

Plus he was really active in his church -- pretty much did everything except preach.

So maybe you uncle just figured the masons being a "secret" thing, he could get out of the whole church thing. Pretty cool deal if you can swing it. :)

indra said:

Well my dad was a mason and he practically had a whole frickin' Catholic church in his/our house -- a huge marble alter, a baptismal font, several complete sets of stations of the cross, chalices, huge brass candle sticks and candelabras, pews (like a whole church's worth), nun stalls, the whole deal. He had kind of a Catholic fetish (we weren't Catholic either :ohmy: ).

Plus he was really active in his church -- pretty much did everything except preach.

So maybe you uncle just figured the masons being a "secret" thing, he could get out of the whole church thing. Pretty cool deal if you can swing it. :)

was he a higher level mason or a lower one?? sorry, I should have stated that my point only refers to the "executive masons".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom