is anyone JUST waiting for the new album?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

europop2005

Refugee
I know that some people have been speculating about the "sound" and the "direction" of the new album. Some fans starting digging their graves as soon as they heard Bono utter the word "hip hop" and when they followed that up with Mary J Blige...and then people have been discussing these beach clips. Trying to figure out what album it sounds like, wheres it coming from, is it too much like AB or like HTDAAB? So I just have one question...is anyone just waiting to be suprised? I havn't heard the beach clips and I havn't heard this supposedly recorded material but I just want to love the music when I hear it the first time on the cd. I feel I would much rather explore and discover then guess and speculate what it could be...its patience yes, but I think coming from a band that has put out 30 years of life and world changing music, I think we could expect nothing less than excellence. I know some people who said that "One" this summer was a disaster, that it would kill the band, that the world was ending because of Mary J Blige, but aside from that being an off tour side project because Mary J Blige chose to go straight to the source rather then cover the whole song herself, I hardly think this is where the band is heading. So I would ask some fans, please cover up your dug graves, and just enjoy the future.

xaviMF22 said:
u2 sucks1!1:madspit:

homemadesmiliesbantc7.gif

Actually, yeah.

Regardless of all the shit flying around the U2 message boards, when the album comes out, I will buy the CD, put it in my CD player, and just grin and lay on my bed and maybe drink some hooch.

:drool:

xaviMF22 said:

Lets not shit on this guys thread eh?

I am not speculating anything.
I am just looking forward to the new music and being thankful that U2 is still making music.

europop2005 said:
So I just have one question...is anyone just waiting to be suprised?

I'm not overly optimistic that I will be surprised. It would be nice if it happened though. I'll buy the album with an open mind. If it doesn't do anything for me after a few months...well, third time's the charm.

Yeah. I am always excited for a new album from a band that reaches me. I am on the same wavelength as Canadien on this one.

xaviMF22 said:

It must suck to spend so much time in a forum dedicated to a band you hate. I have seen you post quite a bit.

Personally, there are a lot of bands I don't like (you won't find me on their websites)

Unless you are on a mission to change people's minds or something?

europop2005 said:
I know that some people have been speculating about the "sound" and the "direction" of the new album. Some fans starting digging their graves as soon as they heard Bono utter the word "hip hop" and when they followed that up with Mary J Blige...and then people have been discussing these beach clips. Trying to figure out what album it sounds like, wheres it coming from, is it too much like AB or like HTDAAB? So I just have one question...is anyone just waiting to be suprised? I havn't heard the beach clips and I havn't heard this supposedly recorded material but I just want to love the music when I hear it the first time on the cd. I feel I would much rather explore and discover then guess and speculate what it could be...its patience yes, but I think coming from a band that has put out 30 years of life and world changing music, I think we could expect nothing less than excellence. I know some people who said that "One" this summer was a disaster, that it would kill the band, that the world was ending because of Mary J Blige, but aside from that being an off tour side project because Mary J Blige chose to go straight to the source rather then cover the whole song herself, I hardly think this is where the band is heading. So I would ask some fans, please cover up your dug graves, and just enjoy the future.

Nice post, i agree with you.
I havent heard the beach clips and I don't intend too. I remember buying the "leaked" demos etc from the achtung Baby sessions. I bought them from some guy in Camden in 1991, and was very disapointed with what I heard! Great was my surprise therefore when Achtung Baby was releases, an album that is now my favourite of all time, and raise my expectations of what music can add to your life. I have every faith in the guys. Sure, I would love them to have less AOR tracks than have been on the last two albums, but still I have every faith in them. I just wish they could bring out albums quicker!!!!! That's my only real gripe!!
I am looking forward with every confidence to their next, (hopefully imminent!!!!) record!

I'm looking forward to it. I hope it'll be something new and exciting (to me, at least) but I'm not going to throw away my entire U2 fandom if the album doesn't blow my mind. As much as I may wish, I'm not really expecting a JT > AB type of transformation. I'm sure there will be at least a few good songs on it, and in the end, I'm just happy that one of my favorite bands is still putting out new material.

dietcokeofevil said:

It must suck to spend so much time in a forum dedicated to a band you hate. I have seen you post quite a bit.

Personally, there are a lot of bands I don't like (you won't find me on their websites)

Unless you are on a mission to change people's minds or something?

I love U2:drool: and
I was trying to be funny.....but I FAILED:wink:

I haven't been speculating or listening to the beach clips. I'm very much looking forward to a new album, but I personally don't obsess over it. Nothing wrong with the other fans who do...it's great that people get so excited...but the hype just hasn't hit me quite yet. I think I need more solid information.

I'm with Bonochick... when the album comes out, I'll buy it and be very happy while listening to it I'm sure. But until then, why worry about it?

The only thing I worry about it when U2 calls it quits... and the harsh reality that there won't be a new album to look forward to. That will be sad.

Yeah I'm pretty sick of the "HTDAAB & ATYCLB suck & they need to experiment again!!11!" attitude. Whatever comes out will be great, like always. It's U2

it's all about the eagles

U2's great. We all love U2. I want to give U2 a hug.

Here and there they've tried something different. We all love something about them.

Here's to U2. Drinks all around!

Re: it's all about the eagles

phillyfan26 said:

Here and there they've tried something different. We all love something about them.

:up: We need more posts like that!

I'm looking forward to the new album, and I will buy it regardless of the direction they have taken or the 'sound' they are going for because its u2 and I have loved all their albums so far. They have put out so many great albums, odds are this one is going to be equally great!

Re: Re: Re: it's all about the eagles

phillyfan26 said:

What, posts requesting drinks all around? :wink:

I was going for the 'i want to give u2 a hug' bit, but requesting drinks all round is never a bad thing :drool:

Re: Re: Re: Re: it's all about the eagles

partygirlvox said:

I was going for the 'i want to give u2 a hug' bit, but requesting drinks all round is never a bad thing :drool:

I'm never that sappy either but I read all the other possts and it touched a part of my soul. :cute:

Here's to me being sappy and having my soul touched. Drinks all around! :hyper:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: it's all about the eagles

phillyfan26 said:

I'm never that sappy either but I read all the other possts and it touched a part of my soul. :cute:

Here's to me being sappy and having my soul touched. Drinks all around! :hyper:

:lol: And maybe it will touch the soul of some of the u2 haters out there too!
*cheers!*

I don't like analyzing things I LOVE, so I have no expectations except brand new songs without waiting for about a year or so.

Re: it's all about the eagles

phillyfan26 said:

Ahh fyck I'm really drunk 4 real nuks, but yeah, U2 is awesome. Regardless, we will all love the new album for the first day or three.

Re: Re: it's all about the eagles

Canadiens1160 said:
Ahh fyck I'm really drunk 4 real nuks, but yeah, U2 is awesome. Regardless, we will all love the new album for the first day or three.

just don't pull a scoopy

I predict an October or November 2007 release, so you will be waiting for awhile, but I am hoping I am wrong :)

Back
Top Bottom