Is Anyone in a Good Mood Today???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hey, Skeekster...congrats! Sounds romantic...you go boy!
smile.gif

-sula

It's very sad about George - but I'm in a good mood today. I can't help it. It's Friday and I'm on my way out!
biggrin.gif

------------------
God has got his phone off the hook, babe...Would he even pick up if he could?

Nope, not me.
frown.gif

I'm totally depressed after being elevated 3X...I always get the blues around the holidays...I'm sick (when I have SO much to do!)...and now George Harrison has died. Waah.

I want my fun U2 life back...

i'm in a good mood. i was accepted at another college (i was already accepted to my first choice), i recieved my ACTs scores and they were good, and i recovered my favorite gray hoodie that i thought i had lost. plus, i'm was given more evidence to back my theory that this really cute/sweet/nice guy is crushing on me.
smile.gif

(rest in peace, george.
frown.gif
)

------------------
"Revolution starts at home, in your heart, in your refusal to compromise your beliefs and your values." - Bono

"And I wear gray underwear." -Bono

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

You hurt yourself, you hurt your lover, then you discover what you thought was freedom is just greed...

Oh my god. Today, and especially now I'm in such a good mood! I just saw the video for Kite on MuchMusic.. and holy shit! I was blown away, it was so touching and perfect and just.. woah! and then last night at a party the best friends of a girl I like all told me that I should ask her out because she really likes me and I was like.. woah.. because I wanted to, but I'm awkward and shy concerning stuff like that so now I finally have incentive. Woooo!

I just heard about George Harrison like two minutes ago, and as sad as it is, it's not gonna get me down.

elvis, I agrre with all you said. The 60's was an incredible time, I always have wished to experience it. But like quite a few here, never did. Its definately a shame the importance of what happened in that era, and also what the Beatles contributed to it, dont mean more to people, and that more are even aware of it. Im not having ago at anyone, I liked this happy thread too, Pop girlie. No one should be having a go at anyone who isn't aware, but at least you, Elvis, are aware of the legacy he has left.

Be happy dude

The thread is....."Is anyone in a good mood today?"

Well, since this thread was started yesterday, is today tommorrow or is it still today? Do we need to change the topic to "Is anyone having a good day tommorrow" or do we agree with Janis Joplin when she said that "tommorrow never comes, it's all the same F***ing day" Just another pondering moment. Sorry to do that so early in the morning.

So right dangerous'n'honest. I had a good day, but haven't been in a good mood for a few days now, dunno why. As Saturday passed about 2 hours ago, Im expecting a good start to Sunday as im about to go to sleep for another 8 hours.

I love sleep.

Isnt it the best thing ever?

Why am I rambling?

No one else is even posting here, so this could classify as trolling.

Why am I talking to myself?

Why am I doing it in this thread?

Im going to its official.

No, Im going to bed.

G'nite.

Originally posted by Angela Harlem:
elvis, I agrre with all you said. The 60's was an incredible time, I always have wished to experience it. But like quite a few here, never did. Its definately a shame the importance of what happened in that era, and also what the Beatles contributed to it, dont mean more to people, and that more are even aware of it. Im not having ago at anyone, I liked this happy thread too, Pop girlie. No one should be having a go at anyone who isn't aware, but at least you, Elvis, are aware of the legacy he has left.

Be happy dude

Angela, I am quite aware of the enormous impact of the Beatles and their music on their generation (I think I'm safe in saying they have had an impact of many since, including mine). Again, I wasn't trying to "rub in" anything or make light of a sad day...but you can be happy even though someone you looked up to/admired has died, just by remembering their life and their accomplishments. Last night I saw some Beatles videos on Mtv (wow!) and even though I was crying, I was smiling at the same time because George, Paul, John and Ringo gave us some of the greatest music this world will ever hear.

OK, I'm done defending myself and my good mood.

------------------
You've got a head full of traffic
You're a siren's song

April,

You have no need to defend yourself. I know your intentions were good. So don't feel bad about starting this thread.

When I first read Elvis' response, I was pissed off because I didn't think you deserved it. But I thought about it some more and I can't blame Elvis for how he feels. For example, if Bono died, I don't think I would allow anyone in my house be in a good mood for at least a year!
wink.gif
So I'm guessing he didn't mean to come off the way he did yesterday.

Just my 2 cents.

------------------
"And I can feel the cold steel. And I can make a wound that won't heal."- Bono

I just love The Beach Boys

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

OHHHHHHHH SALOME!!! And Frankie and Annette were TO DIE FOR!! Lets not ever forget where this all began! Thanks for making us remember salome

don't know about Frankie and Annette, but The Beach Boys were da bomb

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

I'll stick with Janis' idea, it's all a continuation of the same day.
I think there is a difference between emotion and mood. I was 3 years old when the Beatles toured Oz, I shared a bedroom with teenage sisters then. It was festooned with Beatles paraphenalia, Beatles singles were always on their dinky little terrible sounding portable record player(the olden days of sound). I grew up singing Beatles songs more than nursery rhymes. I'd gaze at their photos, and decided George was the cutest. He was a creative,hard working man, who deserved a good long life with his loved ones. He was so ill though, in the case of such suffering death is a release.
I think emotion is a response.So yes I was sad about George and a few other things, but I was in a good mood.
One thing I know, we are all musiclovers here.
It's Sunday morning today here. Here comes the hot hot sun again. thanks george. Does that mean Miami is tonight, the last show!!?? What a circle, 99 stops between Miami and Miami...eww now there's an emotional response for you, I got a wee tear in my eye thinking about that, it's been a blast...have fun musiclovers
smile.gif

Originally posted by Diemen:
This may come as a shock
biggrin.gif
, but I actually agree with everything you said, u2girl!
smile.gif

Not a shock, but a sweet gesture and a very nice surprise.
Thanks to you and Zoo schabow...
smile.gif

I would have replied sooner, but the computer got a virus (again!) so i couldn't post over the last few days...hope you two get to see this.

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 12-03-2001).]

Back
Top Bottom