Is Ally OK?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theelevator

Babyface
Just wondering if anyone has any info regarding Ally...her last post was on the 10th and I know she lives/works in NYC.

Anyone know anything.

I don't know her but I thought I'd bump this to the top.

------------------
To use the old hippy saying, it ain't where you're from, it's where you're at. And right now. If you're listening to this CD, you're already watching the sunset in your mind, feeling the heat on your skin and whilling away the hours. Simply chilled. Best way to keep it, really. -Matthew Kershaw - Ibiza Sunset.

OMG I didn't know she was from NYC. I'm very worried now
frown.gif

this is indeed an interesting development. does anyone remember if she posted frequently? maybe she didnt and doesnt consider this place to be a second home like so many of us.

------------------
-deathbear

I don't know how frequently she posted. The name seems familiar, but I can't say that I really "talked" to her here.

I hope she is all right though.

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

She didn't post often but I liked her posts. It's weird her last posts were the night before the tragedy. I hope she's okay. Maybe she just lost her electric or phone lines or is upset or something. Please Ally, be okay.

------------------
***Just a U2 lovin' girl!***

Have been thinking of her as well since we spend alot of time together in London and Dublin. Haven't seen any posts from her personally but from a close friend of hers and she didn't say anything which I think she should have if something was wrong.

Sara

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

"Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast and Stockholm, YEAH! " ~ Bono in Stay, Sthlm 9th july 2001

Originally posted by MissZooropa:
Haven't seen any posts from her personally but from a close friend of hers and she didn't say anything which I think she should have if something was wrong.

*Reads this three times...*

Ah,

I hope you're right.

awww, thank you SO MUCH for your thoughts! i am indeed fine- i haven't been posting because today (tuesday, sept. 18th) is my first day back at work since the tragedy, and i don't have internet access at home.

i live and work in NYC- in fact, my office is only 10 blocks from the World Trade Center (which is why it's been closed for the past week). luckily, i was still at home on the upper west side (far from the twin towers, and actually very close to bono's apartment) when i heard about the first plane crash. i immediately turned on the TV, and watched as the second plane crashed into the other tower. it was at that point that i knew something was dreadfully wrong. i stayed at home all morning, watching as the horrible details unfolded. then i went to Church (which i hadn't done since last Easter), and tried to donate blood- but there were too many volunteers. that's one good thing that has come out of this tragedy- the city of New York has really come together. it's too bad that it took such a horrendous event to draw people together, but maybe some good will come out of this whole thing. i guess it remains to be seen....

this past week has been surreal, to say the least. thank God all of my friends and family are safe. it is strange being at work this morning. the whole area down here STINKS of chemicals and smoke. the air is still hazy. many people are wearing gas masks. there are police everywhere. a JAG unit (the army's lawyers) are using my law firm as a temporary home base. and the army has set up shop in the park across the street from my building. it's all very bizarre, and hard to come to terms with. but again, i just want to thank you ALL for expressing concerns about my whereabouts. i was thinking of all of you this past week, and i hope that everyone is alright!

Glad to hear from you Ally! We're relieved to hear from you, thanks for posting. I had a friend who worked in the WTC but she was home sick that day. I'm sure you have seen a lot and will continue to see and smell the bad things this evil action has wrought. Take care.

[This message has been edited by GypsyHeartgirl (edited 09-18-2001).]

Back
Top Bottom