Irish Independent NLOTH track by track preview / All Other Reviews

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Leak, goddamnit, leak NOW!!! :mad:

:D

i honestly think we'll be listening to the album in 3 weeks. i don't have much to go on other than a report that u2.com will stream the album early and that all albums leak. heck, even Bruce's album leaked 2 weeks early, and he had a gag order on the thing just like U2 does.

You're wrong.

YOU'll be listening to the in 3 weeks time album...I'm gonna soak it in, full blast, with the CD in my hands. :D

fair enough. :D

i give you credit. i already have people on private trackers keeping an eye out for me, lol!

:D

i honestly think we'll be listening to the album in 3 weeks. i don't have much to go on other than a report that u2.com will stream the album early and that all albums leak. heck, even Bruce's album leaked 2 weeks early, and he had a gag order on the thing just like U2 does.

if his leaked two weeks early, we should have it in two weeks. that would be exactly two weeks before the Irish release.

if his leaked two weeks early, we should have it in two weeks. that would be exactly two weeks before the Irish release.

yeah, i do think 2 weeks seems a little early for this one, but then again, i thought the same thing about HTDAAB, and that leaked about 2 1/2 weeks early.

I just want it so bad :sad: :wink:

I hear you. It is quite a test of patience to be able to read all these new reviews as they come flooding in and not be able to hear any of the other new material. Just think back to when the last tour ended, and you knew it would be years before another album. Now it's probably less than a month.:hyper:

what was the exact Bomb leak date? I remember it being earlier than I figured as well. I was coming home from a mandatory drunk driving course (to get my license, not because I have DUIs :wink:) and it had leaked. I think it was Nov 7? but I don't know for sure off hand.

what was the exact Bomb leak date? I remember it being earlier than I figured as well. I was coming home from a mandatory drunk driving course (to get my license, not because I have DUIs :wink:) and it had leaked. I think it was Nov 7? but I don't know for sure off hand.

i believe it was the first Saturday in November. i remember it being Saturday morning for sure.

I´m waiting for the 2nd of March! Nothing like putting the real thing in the drive and listen with a great set of headphones :up: I want nothing to ruin this!

i believe it was the first Saturday in November. i remember it being Saturday morning for sure.

that would be the 6th then, yeah. i was one day off. that was pretty freaking early. assuming that it happens in the same time frame again, after next week it could happen at any moment.

Maybe the busted preview disc can provide some semblance of a leak? Someone salvage it from the garbage.

that would be the 6th then, yeah. i was one day off. that was pretty freaking early. assuming that it happens in the same time frame again, after next week it could happen at any moment.

there's going to be a lot of hitting F5 here and atease. :wink:

Maybe the busted preview disc can provide some semblance of a leak? Someone salvage it from the garbage.

i would actually applaud a well planned breach. the only thing stopping any of these journalists from tackling a Universal rep and grabbing the cd is fear.

you know who we need?

chuck-norris.jpg

I think it will leak by Valentine's day, but I don't think its going to leak next week. In Ireland its possible they could keep security tight so that nothing leaks out and they probably wouldn't have to manufacture discs too far in advance so it wouldn't be possible to have a real early leak. However, its a world wide release for March 2nd/3rd, which means that they probably are starting shipments late Februrary (lets say the 25th), and that means they'll have to start manufacturing at least two weeks before that, so that would be around the 10th. So that week (Feb 8-14) is probably when it will leak.

I think it will leak by Valentine's day, but I don't think its going to leak next week. In Ireland its possible they could keep security tight so that nothing leaks out and they probably wouldn't have to manufacture discs too far in advance so it wouldn't be possible to have a real early leak. However, its a world wide release for March 2nd/3rd, which means that they probably are starting shipments late Februrary (lets say the 25th), and that means they'll have to start manufacturing at least two weeks before that, so that would be around the 10th. So that week (Feb 8-14) is probably when it will leak.

I hope you are right. I can't take it anymore. I just want to hear the damn thing already.

The more and more I read these reviews the more it seems like "...Crazy Tonight" might just be a gem after all.

I usually run far away from anything thats described as "an overt pop tune" but I may just end of liking that song.....as much as I hate the title. :wink:

Has anyone identified any of the following clips for certain, by now? Björn?

U2.com:
Larry Drums - Marching drum-pattern.
Motorcycle - Chimey bells.
Edge Funk - Cheesy blues-riff.
Dallas - Ambient piece about 2 minutes long. (Am, C, Dm, XX, Em) (White as Snow?)
Edge Back 1 - Acoustic Gretsch White Falcon.
Edge Back 4 - Delay riffs.

Here Is What Is trailer (2007):
0 - Lanois talking about his friendship with Eno and U2 (ambient piece based on B minor riff) - did not end up on his own album.
  • Possibly an older Lanois track?
  • Perhaps this is Cedars of Lebanon = Dark song. Keyboards, minimalistic guitar parts, strong bass line like "Velvet Dress" which is played in the same key if I'm not mistaken? Trees passing by in the foreground
1 - Pentaonic bluesy riff over 6/8 rhythm pattern including Lanois on telecaster and Bono scat singing.
4 - Ambient piece in D-major. (Moment of Surrender?)

Eno clapping: Fez - Being Born?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom