Irish Artist David Egan opens art exhibition inspired by U2!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dougal55

War Child
This came from U2news.com.....

Whoa! This is gonna be fascinating and intriguing to see what the art is gonna be like and I have never heard of him....hmmm does anyone know who he is?

And Im wondering if Bono_man or any Aussie U2 fans is planning to see it when its in Sydney on 16th May so they can report to us!

Irish artist David Egan opens exhibition inspired by U2
SYDNEY, April 24 AAP|Published: Wednesday April 24, 7:00 PM

An art exhibition inspired by the music and lyrics of Irish band U2 is coming to Sydney.

David Egan's Music To Your Eyes exhibition will be officially launched on Thursday 16 May at the artist's studio in The Rocks.

Egan received the green light for the exhibition from the Irish rockers in February last year.

The exhibition features 35 of 60 pop-art paintings inspired by the music and lyrics of U2, one of the world's most successful bands.

Egan uses the band's lyrics in his paintings.

"Irish music is at the hub of all Irish art from the poetry of Yeats and Kavanagh to the songs of Paul Brady," Egan said.

"It has always been music that comes directly from life. U2 excites me for everything that they are - original, innovative, poetic - and for their ability to create art that connects with people."

Egan, 36, was also recently commissioned to produce a painting for Elton John by Universal Music Australia, and it will be presented to him during his current tour.

The painting was inspired by the song Original Sin from John's most recent album, Songs From The West Coast.

Music To Your Eyes will travel to Egan's native Dublin in September this year.

Thanks foray for the link!

It was much appreciated....I just been there and though I am no art critic nor am I an expert on art, I just thought the pictures were pretty good....Id love to see them a bit closer when it comes to Dublin in September.....

dougal

Wow! Those paintings are fantastic!

------------------
"Frisbetarians believe that when they die their soul goes up on the roof, and they can't get it down."

Bonochick's Place

and well worth mentioning again, thanks dougall.

ps: foray,Keiran if you're about. Things have gone well so far for my friend who paints the ocean and flowers. Fingers crossed for her.
pss: foray, my car broke down recently
frown.gif
and the guy that helped me out is a pyrographer, new to the area ...and I noticed there was a guitar in the back of his car
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by cass (edited 04-26-2002).]

what a fantastic artistic idea, and a lovely way to commemorate the type of influence U2 has on people.

Being the artistic fellows they are, I wonder if any of the guys would be interested in purchasing some of his work?? It's a beautiful day!

Beautiful_Day_p2.jpg

great site, thanks foray!
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Discoteque (edited 04-26-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom