Ipod to hard drive transfer. (Need my U2 catalog back)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jammin909

Acrobat
I had to reformat my hard drive a couple days ago and only have my 30 GB ipod as my source of music. Does anyone know of any free programs out there where I can transfer my music from my ipod to my hard drive? Thanks.

http://www.ephpod.com/

EDIT: An explanation - simply download the program and connect your iPod to your computer. When you start the program, you can view your entire library. To transfer the files to your iTunes library, simply click on them and they'll be copied over. I think you have to have the "Keep iTunes folder organised" box checked in your iTunes preferences.

Also, I'm not sure if there's a way to sort of "mass-add" songs to iTunes. I've never had to do it before, so I've never tried. Just experiment a little.

Last edited:
if you have a PC

plug the iPod into itunes and make sure it doesn't update anything

go to 'preferences' and the 'iPod' tab and hit 'enable disk use'

now go to 'my computer', you should see your iPod as an external hard drive,

hit the 'tools' marker on the top left, and 'folder options'

go to the 'view' tab and select "Show hidden files and folders"

now go into your iPod folder on 'My Computer' and the 'iPod Control' folder

then 'Music'

and you should see folders that read "F00" through "F49". That is the music on your iPod

now copy and paste all of the contents in that area to where you want it.

Hopefully, you've now copied all of the songs off of your iPod to your computer :)

I wish my "enable disk use" feature worked. :angry: I tried that last time I had to transfer music to my laptop and did more harm than good.

Just a little off topic, how many MegaBytes is the complete U2 collection from iTunes?

Back
Top Bottom