ipod poster poem...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chrissybaby

Refugee
Hi guys,

can someone who just got the u2 ipod help me out please, there was a poem that bono wrote on the poster that supposedly comes with the ipod, steve jobs read it out at the launch. Could somebody let me know what that poem was, i remember being quite touched by it.

thank you in advance....

I don't have the ipod but I think this is it?

The hardest thing to do is to stick together. Mates, family, marriage, business, band. It’s like resisting gravity. It’s like King Canute sitting in his chair trying to talk back the tide. But you can, and we have, and we will turn the waves around. The alternative is too predictable. You rid the room of argument. You empty your life of the people you need the most.

:(

I think Bono wrote it. I've heard him recite parts of it before, like a couple of lines in the KROQ promo show from 2000.

Hi chrissy,

The Poem goes like this:

" the hardest thing to do is to stick together mates, family, marriage, business, bands Its like resisting gravity.....its like King Canute sitting in his chair trying to talk back the tide... but you can, and we have, and we will, turn the waves around... the alternative is too predictable.. you rid the room of argument... you empty your life of the people you need the most. Bono 04"

I have it at my desk at work..am looking at it right now.. I love it..its depth..

enjoy!:wink:

Back
Top Bottom