ipod glitch question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2utah2U

The Fly
Perhaps this was already covered but I'm not in the mood, nor do I have the time to wade through dozens of previous posts.

Basically, I have found a few songs from The Complete U2 that start to play, skip somewhere between 30-60 secs. and then jump to the next song. The weird thing is they play perfectly fine in iTunes. I've only found three so far but I'm worried there are more.

- BTBS (Mexico)
- United Colours and Slug (Passengers)

What I did to fix it was simply delete them from my library and import them again from a backup data DVD (which I luckily made).

Have any of you ipoders encountered this whether it be with this set or other music? Is there any easier way to correct the problem? I've tried unchecking the box next to the song title and updating my iPod and then disconnecting, checking the boxes and reupdating. I've also tried renaming the song or changing the running order which worked until I changed it back. Every time I made a change I would update my iPod.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
The iPod is basically a hard drive. So it's possible it just uploaded the songs poorly (the same way something could transfer poorly to your computer). I haven't noticed the problems, but then, I haven't listened to everything yet. However, it seems you did things perfectly - just reloaded the songs.

Thanks. The only frustrating thing is that I have to basically delete the songs from my hard drive and then reload them from my backup data DVD. That is what is a pain. Oh well.

I've been able to get through most of the songs but I've skipped a lot of the remixes. I guess I'll just force myself to get through it to make sure there aren't any other stragglers.

Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom