IO: I need you help for a U2 concert...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

katman

The Fly
In Romania
I need your help, either official or just for support.
The thing is i tried to do this through different ideeas.
First i went to the Anti AIDS organization and proposed that they make a good lobby.
They said they have other projects and can't get involved.

I'm currently trying to reach one of the bigest media publications for help but i don't know about the chances of real help AND i would have tried to reach the ambassador but in my country there's just an official something that is coordinated by the embassy in budapest.

So that's a weak succeses rate.
Can anyone help?
If it does happen i promise i'll tape/record the concert (from the first row even) and share it all over the net. Can't offer much else.

Oh, i also have windmill studios email (but i don't know if it really is good (didn't write anything yet cause i want to have something to suport it)

What should i do?
I'm trying to finalize this before the first single comes out because by then i think the entire tour will be generaly organized.

But i losing the initial "this is easy why didn't anyone else think of it" feeling.

I could cope with a Budapest show (that's in Hungary ) but they haven't been there since the zoo tv tour so... i dunno.

We are a really nice group of fans, just yesterday we gathered up and played through some of the songs on acoustic guitars.Imagine how streets would sound on nothing but acoustics. It was great.

Although album sales wouldn't recommend a show here, i know it would be full.Every other artist that came here (Sting, Metallica, Dream Theather, Jethro Tull, Cesaria Evora, Goran Bregovic) had full arenas.

So if anyone can help or suggest something please post or send email.

You want to lobby to get U2 to play in Romania?
I wouldn't have a clue as to how you could do this.

I want to move your thread to somewhere where it will get more help/attention. IO is really for stupid threads about nothing in particular.

I've not heard of much being successful in terms of getting a band to play anywhere. It'd be something which is so carefully planned out beforehand, and money is a key factor. If you've got something worth showing, Principle Management are who you'd probably need to speak to, but getting through to them would be like trying to arrange a cup of tea with the Pope.

I'm not being very helpful here am I. EYKIW might be best.

I dunno if it has been done before, but if it hasn't then that's why it's going to work now. I think that's a Bono quote.

I know it's a bitch to actually do it, but i think it's pretty well timed before the actual tour and the thought of writing here made me hope the U2 fandom would try and make it happen, for not much else but eternal gratitude. And a filmed and recorded concert that is for sure.And the faces of satisfied people mentioning this in their meetings until old age :)

In the idea of gmailswap in exchange for a u2 concert we'll give you constant email messages describing every moment of the show and they way it felt for us.

the staff of interference must have emails of official management right? Or willie williams as he just featured in an interview.
Or anyone close to U2.

Some forums have fans from SE Europe, i think even this one.They could all come to this show.
On the other hand a fund raising could be held during that week with the main event being the show.

So please help!

Remember, the band are terrifically busy but and while they know they have fans in every corner of the world, it is not very feasible to have concerts in every country.

That said, I think your best bet will be the band's management. I think they take care of most of the tour scheduling and stuff. Good luck with it!

katman said:

the staff of interference must have emails of official management right? Or willie williams as he just featured in an interview.
Or anyone close to U2.

The Interference staff is not at liberty to give out email addresses of this nature. What I would recommend is that you research the tour planning company U2 goes through, or attempt to contact Principle Management in NYC or Dublin. Or even their public relations firm in London.

Good luck with everything! :)

Your best bet is to contact their Management and or Publicity firm like mentiond, we are not at Interference, in a position to provide any sort of contact information for U2 , management or affiliates. If you have any trouble getting in touch with these maybe try contacting your Universal Music rep in your area, tour planners and promoters who have worked with U2 are also a good idea. And too if you want try to draw attention with your idea I would try contacting your entertainment companies, newspapers , mags or anyform of media radio etcc who might be able to help

Best
K.

Thanks for answering i was starting to lose hope anyone cared.

What is their PR Firm in London? What's it called?

And I also didn't imagine interference would give me the email of Principle Management, but how about this one:
I will write an oficial request to the band email it to one of the staff members and then he sends it forward to Principle Management or whoever you see fit.
(Please help on what you think i should write in it, so it would sound convincing)

You would get great reports on the story as news for the others, and also if this works out in the good way you'll have our input for what we did before calling for comunity support.

I really feel it could be a great "we'll do it togheter story".

I've already started contacting magazines and everything music related over here.

Sound like a good deal?. All you'll have to do is a little emailing. and make thousands happy

Please, please, get us up off our knees. :) :D

I think your idea is wonderful if you want U2 to come to your area and perform and if I underatnd right thats what youare looking for .. I know you understand that we are not able at Interference to pass out any e-mail or contact info in the event that we even had such information . At the same time we are also not in a position to pass on e-mails etc to Principle Management from fans etc for the same various reasons.. if you would like to know more about that feel free to e-mail me at the address below or any of the staff.

a little research via the internet should help you come up with some contact info..I hope your efforts go really well.. just takes a little work and persistence sometimes to get to what your looking for..good luck,sorry I couldnt be more help

:wave:
Principle management is your best bet, maybe try contacting your local concert organizers first and see if they can talk to U2's management for you. You never know, U2 played South America for the first time at Popmart.

I think the Balcans is a very underrated area when it comes to U2...they only played two times here, Budapest like you said and Sarajevo on Popmart. I certainly hope they will play at (one of) the countries one day, because otherwise, we'd have to travel to Vienna or Italy. I think Slovenia may be too small a market for them, but I could definitely see them play bigger countries - maybe most likely Zagreb in Croatia.
Could you travel to another country to see them live? That's probably my only choice on this tour, unless of course they will decide to play the new EU members :D. You can either find some travel agency that will organize the trip for fans - by bus - or you could meet up with fellow Romanian fans and you could all go by car.

Back
Top Bottom