Invisible - Reactions Thread (Do not post song requests - Discussion only!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that this sounds so good and fresh just makes it 10 times worse that we're not getting this album for months, possibly years.

My guess is that this opens the album? Cut down on this edit are perhaps a longer intro, possibly a longer first verse (probably not, but it feels like it's a bit of a quick cut), and longer Edge solo.

Love the clean production.

I really love this song, btw. Nothing like the way I felt when I first heard boots or vertigo. This is something else. So upset that it could be ages before we hear more from them.

If anyone associated with U2 is reading this:

You can release your album. If it sounds anything like this, you've got nothing to worry about.

The fact that this sounds so good and fresh just makes it 10 times worse that we're not getting this album for months, possibly years.

Yep.

Gonna get in now before this thread goes down an ugly path and say that yeah I quite like this. The production is great, there are some sounds in there that are pretty new, at least for U2. Edge sounds great under all those effects. Not sure about Bono's vocals or lyrics, but this is pretty nice.

It's a bit different, without being struggle like Boots.

tbh it's one of their best pure pop songs since BD, only it isn't totally lazy like that description makes it sound.

I will also say that pretty much every time I've heard something new from U2 since my fandom began (ie everything they've released since Hutdab) I have ridiculously hyped up and probably liked more than I actually did. I remember thinking Magnificent was amaaaazing the first time I heard it and I don't like that song at all now.

The chorus is sooooooooooooooooo U2.

Not sure I'd agree with Berlin Bowie being in there, and I've never heard Kraftwerk, but it's good people are excited again.

Now only a few years until the album is released.

It's totally fresh for U2, still pays a great respect to old style electronic music.

Can I get someone else to help me out in the request thread? I have to go for a bit.

It's definitely not very 00s U2. The song started playing before I pressed play so I thought it was some ad, I enjoy being surprised like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom