Invisible Discussion Thread III (Do not post song requests - discussion only!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost but not quite on the money. In the 7 360 shows I attended there were many great moments, hell if anyone was going to tell me I'd see the likes of UltraViolet, HMTMKMKM, TUF, MLK, EBTTRT, The Fly, I'd say they were crazy.

Also seeing Zooropa and yes even YBR was truly fantastic.

I should have maybe explained myself better when I say a U2 Moment, I meant a moment that defines my love of this band for so many years for example:

Going "back in the day" sitting in my parents living room as a teenager watching MTV when the actually played videos and seeing Bono silhouetted against the huge Red Rock's outcroppings, in the fog and mist with the bon fires burning singing Sunday Bloody Sunday.

At Live Aid singing Bad the way they did and Bono bridging that gap between artist and audience slow dancing with that girl to me encapsulated the day the band the charity and the man.

Seeing them post 9/11 - when the names of the victims of the terrorist attacks scrolling down from the rafters, seeing people myself included crying and hugging each other letting out all of the emotions of that time period just let go in one huge moment was somewhat overwhelming. God I think of the personal and business issues I was going through of the whole ATYCLB era, really this band got me through! I know many kinda slag ATYCLB here but for some reason the whole album to me really resonated in my life.

Then Monday night seeing them in that beautiful setting was unbelievable. This prolly happens to other fans of other bands but sometimes I think they are blessed to be in the right exact spot at the exact right time. Maybe Bono's in with God or even his being the devil incarnate :wink:- it just seems to me these moments can't be scripted they just seem to happen to them.

This is all rambling and prolly stupid but that is what I meant by that comment.

rambling?....maybe....but who says everything has to be precise & measured?! Especially in matters of heart & spirit, connection, creativity & expression. [So i've read in writing (for writers& those learning) you pour it out and then go back] [I can be quite discirsive...usually manage to bring it back home to the key theme/idea :lol:]

Stupid? Oh, hell no!-- as above these are subjective and inner & outer experiences with different aspects and meaningfulness to each person often linked to their own lives.

Yeah, U2 have had some amazing experiences live in connection to their audiences. They (esp Bono most outwrdly) have such great heart (even w their gaffs here & there) and that i think maybe can draw such moments to them and then to us.

oh my post 9-11 . I worked 20 yrs earlier for a year in tower 2(south) in the NE corner on the 73rd floor (glorious views!).
I got up late that day and didn't have any media on until right near the very end (a walkman on my way to the subway in brooklynto go to Lower Man <didn't happen> & then i looked up and !!!! When i returned home 15 mins later i cried so hard for just a bit and the practically nothing.
I had to be there at the first show. I managed to get a tix 2 hours before show - my first internt-get-tix-from- someone experience. I sang, danced AND cried through out that whole show!

I 've had a few bands that were around before (U2) that have also done the same - lifted me higher, resonated feelings, experiences, or gotten me through stuff. And U2 became added to that very special set or performers for me.

thanks -i appreciate you sharing your experiences :)

2 thoughts on "Invisible."

1. First time I have wondered if an Edge sound was a guitar since 1994.
2. the "Frozen days" part represents the best lyrics and vocal delivery from Bono for at least a decade.

Given how old and rich the band are at this point, the above two facts are astonishing.

2 thoughts on "Invisible."

2. the "Frozen days" part represents the best lyrics and vocal delivery from Bono for at least a decade.

Given how old and rich the band are at this point, the above two facts are astonishing.

Well, this fact is at least interesting anyway, considering that variations of the "frozen face of snow" sentiment have appeared several times in Bono's lyrics as recently as MOS and as far back as Red Hill Town and Acrobat.

Damn song is growing and growing on me :angry:

It's been in my head since Fallon (with audible guitar, natch)

Seems like they're doing something right.

Not sure if anyone else caught this, but doesn't "there is no them, there is only us" sound familiar???? Just listened to Rise Above from the Spiderman Soundtrack for kicks, and about 3:30 in there's that little diddy there, not exactly the same, but when we say they save nuggets from years past, ain't that the truth!

People were complaining about that as soon as they heard the sneak peek ad of the audience singing it. :wink: (Haven't seen it mentioned since then though.)

I don't mind when Bono does that with lyrics, I think it's cool. :up: My favorite is him quoting "original of the species" in an interview from around The Unforgettable Fire, I believe.

I noticed this straigth away, but it reminded me of something else. There's a version of One, and I am ashamed to admit I already forgot which ocasion it was, that has this part in it. It was sometime early 00s I think. :reject:

I noticed this straigth away, but it reminded me of something else. There's a version of One, and I am ashamed to admit I already forgot which ocasion it was, that has this part in it. It was sometime early 00s I think. :reject:

He's done it on a few occasions with One I believe, and I noticed it as well.

Bono's been making subtle cracks at Larry's face for decades, this is nothing new.

Just in: hard evidence that Larry has smiled at least once in the last decade.

tumblr_n1fy5hm7rN1tu0bqro2_1280.jpg

I really hope he's smiling more when he's off camera, poor bastard.

Just in: hard evidence that Larry has smiled at least once in the last decade.

tumblr_n1fy5hm7rN1tu0bqro2_1280.jpg

Ha! If you notice, in that pic Bono and Adam are having a hearty laugh. And Larry smiles. So in order to have more of those smiles, they must probably hire a comedian to be on the road with the band. And probably won't work!

Ha! If you notice, in that pic Bono and Adam are having a hearty laugh. And Larry smiles. So in order to have more of those smiles, they must probably hire a comedian to be on the road with the band. And probably won't work!

Little known fact: Larry is quite the joker whence among family and close friends. It's just rabid fans, paparazzi and the general public that leave him sour.

And hip-hop. Larry hates hip-hop. And drum machines (clearly!) :rolleyes:

Little known fact: Larry is quite the joker whence among family and close friends. It's just rabid fans, paparazzi and the general public that leave him sour.

And hip-hop. Larry hates hip-hop. And drum machines (clearly!) :rolleyes:

I know, and I love him as a character. Without him it wouldn't be the same, and I'm not talking about the music. Sure, judging from the video documents we have of the 80's/90's his humour standed out more, but I'm sure he stayed the same.

Drum machines, now those are a problem! :wink:

I know, and I love him as a character. Without him it wouldn't be the same, and I'm not talking about the music. Sure, judging from the video documents we have of the 80's/90's his humour standed out more, but I'm sure he stayed the same.

Drum machines, now those are a problem! :wink:

The Droom machines of course ! It's like a one-arm and one legged Larry !
No Wonder why he looked so pissed ion all of their recent appearances...

:lol:

Uh, no. I'd like to, but apps that want my personal info like friends list and status updates are automatic no thanks. And ones that will makes posts for me--no way.

He does seem lovely when he's not wearing his cranky pants. And it's always good to hear other band members assessments of each other, such as this one about Larry in FTSD. "He was a real life force. He laughed a lot!" That warms my little heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom