Invisible Discussion Thread II (Do not post song requests - discussion only!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Zane was great , a radio 1 dj playing U2 deserves all the credit in the world , that channels crap but it's the youngsters channel

I think the album might be called 'Invisible'

but that's just me

I don't know shit

^this

:sexywink:

Rumor: the tour will be called the Invisible Tour. The band will claim to be costumed in invisibility cloaks, but, in actuality, they'll just record one fake concert and play the recording over the speaker system at every tour date with an empty stage.

An artist can have multiple types of writing, and it's their heart out on their sleeve, so if they choose a specific intent, so be it. Not every song has to be oblique poetry.

And if invisible is just another song about parental agnst, that would be pretty dissapointing.

Huh. I just said this above, but fitting the song into his personal experience actually makes the song work much better for me.

Go figure. :)

Zane is a rude man.

I recall him talking over a live intro during a radio 1 studio session during the HTDAAB promo era.

Bah, "a few more months to work on it" means done in a few months, out a few months later?

Bah, I say.

BAH.

Okay, maybe that's not so bad. They work on it February, March .... could be out in June.

I was getting ahead of myself. I'm still at the acceptance stage for June.

Bono's hiding something.

Runs back to Invisible on repeat, not believing for a second that the album isn't finished.

No way U2 would release a song from the album without it being finished. Especially considering the mistake during the pop-era. No way.

I feel like something fishy is going on. I'm not buying the "wait a couple of months" for a new album. Oh well, back to Invisible - 2.5 million downloads is quite something. :wave:

Bono's hiding something.

Runs back to Invisible on repeat, not believing for a second that the album isn't finished.

No way U2 would release a song from the album without it being finished. Especially considering the mistake during the pop-era. No way.

U2 also hadn't played unfinished material on tour in decades until 2010, don't get your hopes up.

Huh. I just said this above, but fitting the song into his personal experience actually makes the song work much better for me.

Go figure. :)

I do like the line you're referring to, and have said before I find a several of the lyrics in this one to be pretty moving. But I guess that's the point.. I can be moved by it without subscribing to a particular interpretation. If we had to interpret these songs literally, or even as the artist intended, music wouldn't have the universal appeal that it does. And frankly I'm not even sure Bono knows what all his songs are about. :)

Sent via owl

woah havent posted on here for yonks hey guys!!
really like the melody :) good stuff nice song
only negative comment id say are the lyrics are pretty amatuer compared to early 90s bono but meh cant complain too much!
so keen for for new album:hyper:

Please be subterfuge

movie-poster-i-want-to-believe-header.jpg

(incidentally they'd be confirming that Bono lies, after all these years)

Maybe 2-3 days ago there was a tweet from whatshisname, Spiderboy, saying he'd just pulled an all-nighter with U2 in the studio in Dublin, and now they're suddenly in a studio in London. Why? They do this - they did it with No Line (in London then as well - but at a studio that has since been closed down) but it seems rather fast (gear movement and setup) and unnecessary (it's not like their transatlantic shifts), it's kinda... interesting. Keep an eye on it. If they're still in London in a week, two weeks, safe to say they've set up camp here to finish it off, similar to No Line. If they're back elsewhere very soon... they were doing something else. Something that takes less time and not a lot of their own equipment.

I must say for a person that got into U2 in the atyclb era radio one was a huge thing for me (can't stand the channel now but that's more down to current music) I listened to it all the time and U2 we're massive on it. After the bad single success of nloth I never thought I'd hear them on there again. Great to hear them back on radio 1!

Maybe 2-3 days ago there was a tweet from whatshisname, Spiderboy, saying he'd just pulled an all-nighter with U2 in the studio in Dublin, and now they're suddenly in a studio in London. Why? They do this - they did it with No Line (in London then as well - but at a studio that has since been closed down) but it seems rather fast (gear movement and setup) and unnecessary (it's not like their transatlantic shifts), it's kinda... interesting. Keep an eye on it. If they're still in London in a week, two weeks, safe to say they've set up camp here to finish it off, similar to No Line. If they're back elsewhere very soon... they were doing something else. Something that takes less time and not a lot of their own equipment.

Obsessive mixing instead of recording?

:hmm:

Where in the world is Declan Gaffney?

Maybe they want to pull a Beyonce and just release the album one day -- totally unannounced.

Pull a Beyonce....that just sounds naughty

U2 also hadn't played unfinished material on tour in decades until 2010, don't get your hopes up.

I'm not. Trust me. I have no hopes. Everything from now on is a bonus for me when it comes to U2.

Still I do not believe for a second that the album is not finished. I have no proof, no sources, nothing at all. I just do not believe it. (Though DM is not on it these days.) This is all calculated ... Ordinary Love, Invisible and all the current attention. They're slow, but not stupid (notice the play of words). ;)

Obsessive mixing instead of recording?

Well, I didn't want to say it, but yes. Plenty of reasons to want to switch studios, but it is fast and unusual given they were doing this in Dublin a couple of days ago - they normally switch with a bit of a break in between. We'll see. If it appears to be hit and run, I might start to believe that they're ahead of where we assume.

Back
Top Bottom