Invisible Discussion Thread II (Do not post song requests - discussion only!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There's no autotune. I doubt that Bono's ego would even allow anyone to suggest autotune be used.
Hard telling. Maybe his ego would rebel at being the only person on the radio to sound a little flat, who knows? Luckily I don't think he ever would agree to use it for live performances. If he ever starts hitting all his notes in concert, than that would be really something to take notice of.

With all of the vocal issues he's had over the years (belting out above his range during the R&H period, the smoking during ZooTV, the operation on his vocal chords) I'm pretty amazed he sings as well as he does live...especially show after show on the last tour.

Hard telling. Maybe his ego would rebel at being the only person on the radio to sound a little flat, who knows? Luckily I don't think he ever would agree to use it for live performances. If he ever starts hitting all his notes in concert, than that would be really something to take notice of.

i've never heard Bono sing out of tune or go flat or anything...

Someone had a clip of Bono's un-processed vocals from the Vertigo tour (I think that's what it was from - maybe Sunday Bloody Sunday?).

I don't recall if that was ever debunked as being a joke or what, but if that's what his voice sounds like in concert without being filtered through whatever effects, it was fairly surprising.

Someone had a clip of Bono's un-processed vocals from the Vertigo tour (I think that's what it was from - maybe Sunday Bloody Sunday?).

I don't recall if that was ever debunked as being a joke or what, but if that's what his voice sounds like in concert without being filtered through whatever effects, it was fairly surprising.

Yeah that was a hoax, he's done for a few artists...

Must be a joke, there are several iem-recording from that tour...

Oh, thank god. :lol:

I should have known that actually, having heard IEMs.

Thanks, guys.

I mean, they weren't, like, Linda McCartney level bad, but they weren't what I thought they would be.

Listen to the 3:00 mark. Bono's lower register is very wobbly. He misses on a few notes in the melodic run when singing the 2nd "them".

They didn't autotune something else and decide to leave that crap in when they could have re-done that take in all of 10 seconds. Get real.

I actually like the outro in Invisible very much and I pretty much enjoy in general that Bono is singing in his lower register and not forcing or pushing himself by trying too hard to sing in a higher pitch. I hope there's more of that Invisible vocal style on the new album.

i've never heard Bono sing out of tune or go flat or anything...

There are plenty of times when he can't make a note and goes for a lower one though, or cracks, or has Edge do it. Remember Edge doing all the falsettos for In a Little While on Elevation, or how Bono struggled with Stay at the Elvis Costello spectacular? Not sure, but I think that on the FTGU in Electrical Storm Edge starts out doing the falsetto with him but backs off when Bono is hitting them so great. And there are tiny variations in pitch all the time, not enough for an ordinary person to hear as "off" but still perfected via autotune for many performers. If those things start no longer happening, that would be different.

There are plenty of times when he can't make a note and goes for a lower one though, or cracks, or has Edge do it. Remember Edge doing all the falsettos for In a Little While on Elevation, or how Bono struggled with Stay at the Elvis Costello spectacular? Not sure, but I think that on the FTGU in Electrical Storm Edge starts out doing the falsetto with him but backs off when Bono is hitting them so great. And there are tiny variations in pitch all the time, not enough for an ordinary person to hear as "off" but still perfected via autotune for many performers. If those things start no longer happening, that would be different.

ah ok, well i don't really do bootlegs and such :lol:

but yeah, going an octave lower or whatever isn't the same as singing out of tune... as in, like someone who is tone deaf for instance lol!

The whole "errmagawd theyz dropping the album on Fallon cause albumz come out on Tuezdayzzzz!!!" crowd is apparently forgetting that albums are released on Mondays in the rest of the world.

Now of course a first week digital only download can be released at anytime... but yea.

Sent from my android cause iphones are for old people

Considering the late night talk shows tape at 5-6pm or so, this isn't entirely IMPOSSIBLE for them to do. They could very well drop the album, go on Fallon, and then BAM, it's out in the US. Considering that the Tonight Show usually has an 11:30pm time slot, keep in mind that the very first week of Fallon-as-host will actually air at midnight due to the Olympics.

And yeah, digital downloads can be anytime, anywhere. :yes:
(I prefer cds, but I will sure as hell download a digital album and then go buy the physical one later!)

Back
Top Bottom