Intransigence is all around...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Slapnutz said:
I love the Monster Truck Mix. :drool:

the Monster Truck Mix is baller :drool:

yeah, SATS is great. it's not my favourite from Pop but it still gets 5 stars from me. really should have been a hit single; it's a beautiful pop song (the album title actually makes sense then!). maybe that's why Feel Good Inc did so well...:wink:

Intransigence is such a cool word :drool:

I challenge other songwriters to eloquently use "intransigence" in their lyrics. :sexywink: Tough word to use and have flow so beautifully in a song.

I'm convinced that had U2 focused on "Staring..." as the first single from "Pop", the results would have been far different. "Discotheque" might have made for a fun second single, but U2 needed a more powerful song that connected with everyone as their lead single. SATS would have been it, IMO. It's a shame it's not on the radio more or that U2 have ignored this great song quite a bit these last few concerts. If U2 kept at least "Stay" and SATS in their playlists, it might draw some attention to "Zooropa" and "Pop" - 2 overlooked albums, IMO.

doctorwho said:
It's a shame it's not on the radio more or that U2 have ignored this great song quite a bit these last few concerts. If U2 kept at least "Stay" and SATS in their playlists, it might draw some attention to "Zooropa" and "Pop" - 2 overlooked albums, IMO.

Pretty true, I agree. (Although, in Portugal, SATS is a songs that still has - incredibly - a lot of radio airplay, and Stay is still aired on radios sometimes)

doctorwho said:

I'm convinced that had U2 focused on "Staring..." as the first single from "Pop", the results would have been far different. "Discotheque" might have made for a fun second single, but U2 needed a more powerful song that connected with everyone as their lead single. SATS would have been it, IMO.

I think that the first single shoud've been Mofo (no remix, please!), then SATS, and only then Discotheque (then, Gone -> Please -> IGWSHA).
It would follow, more or less, the same strategy designed for ATYCLB and it would succeed.

Intransigence is all around
Military still in town
Armour plated suits and ties
Daddy just won`t say goodbye
Referee won`t blow the whistle
God is good but will he listen
I`m nearly great
But there`s something I`m missing
I left in the duty free
Though you never really belonged to me

some of my favorite lyrics and stuck together with God's glue

I had to look up intransigence in the dictionary and it had a different meaning than what I first thought it was. I didn't really like this song when I first heard it and then it grew on me slowley and now I love it.
How many times has daddy been used in a U2 song? maybe twice, this one and daddy's gonna pay for your crashed car.

Last edited:
Aygo said:

I think that the first single shoud've been Mofo (no remix, please!), then SATS, and only then Discotheque (then, Gone -> Please -> IGWSHA).
It would follow, more or less, the same strategy designed for ATYCLB and it would succeed.

I firmly believe DYFL should have been a single.

Back
Top Bottom