Interlanders Fav Bootleg DVD's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

YBORCITY

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Seeing how much I travel and stumble upon many indie music shops, I would like opinions from all you Interlanders on what are best Bootleg DVD's (In all of your humble opinions of course) from each tour starting with War. Any and all help will be deeply apreciated.

I also want to thank everyone in advance for their feedback.

Conspiracy of hope tour from E. Rutherford
JT tour from LA
Zoo TV - Stockholm and Washington
Popmart - Santiago

War - Loreley
UF - Dortmund
JT - LA
ZooTV - Washington
Pop - Foxboro, Santiago
Vertigo - Sao Paolo

I know you said starting with War, but frankly, I consider my October pick to be better than most other DVDs and I think the earlier tours owned, so I'm including them anyway.

Boy: 15 May 1981, San Francisco
October: 4 October 1981, Berlin
War: 30 May 1983, Devore
UF: 21 November 1984, Dortmund
JT: 18 November 1987, Los Angeles
Lovetown: 18 November 1989, Sydney
ZooTV: Bleh ...
Popmart: Anything from the Latin American shows; 11 February 1998, Santiago is probably the best choice.
Elevation: Bleh ...
Vertigo: I haven't actually seen any.

Miami 2 Cam from the Final Elevation show Is probably the best, from the Elevation Tour.

Also the 10+ Cam from Torino....which I've never seen, I don't know if the whole project was completed.

I like the Smile Jamaica thing, while it's not technically a bootleg, it has been bootlegged because it's never been officially released since it aired on MTV in October of 1988.

It shows the band post Joshua Tree and Pre Lovetown Tour, somewhat rough and playing mostly material from Rattle and Hum.

The ones that come to the top of my head are...

Loreley 1983
Dortmund 1984
Syracuse 1987
LA 1987
Stockholm 1992
Washington DC 1992
Adelaide 1993 (an absolute must for an almost apocalyptic ending of BTBS)
Las Vegas opener 1997 (U2 slightly shambolic opening night of Popmart - still rocks!)
Edmonton 1997
Johannesburg / Santiago 1998
South Bend, Indiana 2001
Miami 2001 (final show - audience 2 cam - just an awesome show!)
Sao Paulo 2006

These would be my absolute favourites, but there is so much good stuff out there.

Paris 87
Syracuse (That's a Gem) 87 , both actually
ZOOTV Stockholm Awesome
ZooTV DC Epic
ZOOTV 3 cam mix Dublin is pretty wicked too , thou not pro
Can't forget Adelaide
Popmart Sao Paulo or Santiago
Elevation Notre Dame , dunno anothe one :shrug:
Vertigo Sao Paulo , Awesome

My Favs : Joshua Syracuse , ZooTV Washington and Vert SP

Thanks to everyone that posted - now I will set out to find these.

Lots of good choices here, I'll add a couple:

Vertigo Buenos Aires
pre-Elevation Irving Plaza 2000
Elevation Vegal 3-cam (excellent fan-shot dvd)
Festivals '82 (Werchter & Gateshead I think), great quality dvd

I was in a record shop yesterday in CT (I'll be here all week) and they have both the Sao Paulo and the Buenos Aries Vertigo shows - which is better in quality of video, sound and performance? I would think it would kinda be cool to have MOTD on DVD....

YBORCITYOBL said:
I was in a record shop yesterday in CT (I'll be here all week) and they have both the Sao Paulo and the Buenos Aries Vertigo shows - which is better in quality of video, sound and performance? I would think it would kinda be cool to have MOTD on DVD....

Really...where in CT? I'd love to get my hands on some more bootlegs as well. Believe it or not, we have yet to see PopMart because we've been waiting for it to come out on DVD.

circa1992 said:

Really...where in CT? I'd love to get my hands on some more bootlegs as well. Believe it or not, we have yet to see PopMart because we've been waiting for it to come out on DVD.

In the city of waterbury there's a record shop called Pheonix Records - do you know the city?

YBORCITYOBL said:

In the city of waterbury there's a record shop called Pheonix Records - do you know the city?
I know where Waterbury is (about 45-55 mins. east of me) but I'm not at all familiar with the city itself. I'm more familiar with Fairfield County and the towns around I95 and the Merritt Parkway. Thanks for the info though.
~Liz

Back
Top Bottom