INTERFERENCE's Top 100 U2 Songs - RESULTS!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I actually fixed this on on of my excel lists but clearly didnt edit the correct one and re-reported the flaw. Sigh.

:reject:

But I'm NOt going to edit it again .... :banghead:

lol.

Now that you're not editing it anymore, don't forget not to delete
ca. 184 First Time 20 points, 1 votes
from somewhere near the bottom of the list now that you've included it in
ca. 72 The First Time 430 points, 12 votes :)

Just kidding, awful job, thanks again.

Guys it's official now U2's worst era was 1980-1981 ; even the Bomb is better than early U2 (apparently)

The first two albums never do well in these sort of polls. Female fans in particular really aren't that hopped up on Boy or October. My sister, for example, is completely disinterested when she hears those albums and I remember running into the same wall when doing an albums tournament way back in 2002. I think October is the one that sorely gets the shaft overall, there's some fantastic tracks like Gloria, I Fall Down, I Threw A Brick Through A Window and Tomorrow that are absolute standouts. Some of Boy is rather hum-drum and I don't think female fans are really going to relate to it in the same manner.

Also, the first two albums are the least polished and catchy of the lot, so Zoophiles won't be jumping on THAT train.

Overall, I'm ecstatic that "One" finished so low after handily winning in one of these about five years ago. On the other hand, I'm bewildered that Pop finished so high although it did claim fourth or fifth in the album tournament I ran here. Ew.

There's exceptions to every rule, my friend. But there's certain guarantees such as the fact that if we did polling of Joshua Tree favoritists and Achtung favoritists on ATYCLB, the JT fans would like ATYCLB more. AB fanatics are more likely to have enjoyed POP and they're also the ones that jumped on the HTDAAB train like it was the greatest thing since sex. They like the glossy, over produced stuff a bit more.

There's exceptions to every rule, my friend. But there's certain guarantees such as the fact that if we did polling of Joshua Tree favoritists and Achtung favoritists on ATYCLB, the JT fans would like ATYCLB more. AB fanatics are more likely to have enjoyed POP and they're also the ones that jumped on the HTDAAB train like it was the greatest thing since sex. They like the glossy, over produced stuff a bit more.
umm...no.

Interesting no. 1.

yes, very interesting indeed. I am wondering how many people were having their live performance of this song in the back of theit mind while voting. Imo this song is so much stronger in the live version, and if we have to vote for best live song next tine, I would vote this as number 1 in my list. but in no way I would make this their number 1 song. However, the forum has spoken...

This is cool! Pop rules! This is the proof that it is so underestimated by the band itself. Can smbd send this list to the band?

#4 Album: Pop 8,750 points

#13 Gone 1940 points, 39 votes
#24 Please 1480 points, 32 votes
#36 Discotheque 1060 points, 26 votes
#39 Mofo 1010 points, 23 votes
#56 Staring at the Sun 655 points, 20 votes
#60 Do You Feel Loved 590 points, 12 votes
#63 Wake Up Dead Man 525 points, 14 votes
#65 Last Night on Earth 520 points, 17 votes
#76 If God Will Send His Angels 395 points, 12 votes
#80 If You Wear That Velvet Dress 360 points, 11 votes
#116 The Playboy Mansion 140 points, 4 votes
#143 Miami 75 points, 3 votes

No matter how anybody replies to this, you're going to just say they're the exceptions to this "rule" that you've plucked out of thin air.

I, for the record, am a UF/JT fan who thinks ATYCLB is nothing short of a shitfest and that, apart from Passengers, Pop is U2's best album of the nineties.

AB fanatics are more likely to have enjoyed POP and they're also the ones that jumped on the HTDAAB train like it was the greatest thing since sex. They like the glossy, over produced stuff a bit more.

Haha, no. I love AB and Pop, and would actually be happier if HTDAAB didn’t even exist.

AB fanatics are more likely to have enjoyed POP and they're also the ones that jumped on the HTDAAB train like it was the greatest thing since sex. They like the glossy, over produced stuff a bit more.

Wow, uh... that's so far from the truth, it's hard to understand where that thinking even comes from.

Almost all of the HTDAAB bashing around here comes from people who worship POP. Search the forum, you could probably find 50 threads as examples.

I'd like to know what kind of production value Achtung Baby shares with POP or HTDAAB. In 1991, U2 wanted to mask their own sound, in 2004, they wanted to beat you over the head with it. Complete opposites.

Baffling post.

I reckon after the new album has come out we should make this list again although with the new songs in contention to see how much its changed.

Since when has Achtung Baby and Pop been considered shiny and overproduced? Pop wasn't even properly finished, and I can barely hear what's going on during parts of Achtung Baby because of the muddiness.

you're doing an REM poll on a Radiohead forum? :scratch:

Well that forum has a habit of being as list-centic as I am and they started without me. So I'll see if there's enough lists to make a good compiled one. If not then I'll hit the nearest active REM forum and see if I can do the same there. :love:

Back
Top Bottom