Interferencer Of The Month: The Canadian Interferencers!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brettig

New Yorker
U2Bama has given up the online community known as Interference.com for the duration of Lent, so he's asked me to present the Interferencer of the Month for February.

The past month has of course seen the creation of a New Sports forum 'Put em Under Pressure' and also the Winter Olympics. Both these events have seen Canadian pride and participation in this forum reach a new high, particularly regarding skating and ice hockey, where Canada enjoyed great success and coverage.
So please be generous in your applause for the Canadian Interferencers!

Note: Zoomerang96 has been exempted from this award as he has already won it once before.

Since I posted first I claim the award!!! MINE!! MINE I SAY!!! *pulls out a sharp pointy stick* stay back!!! All mine!!!

LOL.

Isnt it a bit of a cop out giving it to all the canadian interferencers? Oh well. Congrats everyone!

C, eh? N, eh? D, eh? Spells CANADA!

LOL.... I'm just kidding guys. I kid because I love. Yeah, great month for Canada. Congrats on the Olympic success, especially in hockey. Just keep Celine Dion the hell outta the music biz, k?

------------------
Change is the only constant

ahhh brettig that's so sweet! I should win anyway, 'cause if you check out my thread in the lemonade stand--> I sprained my ankle for Team Canada! And now look! They are gold medal champions. lol!!

Canadian's rock!!!
biggrin.gif
Yay!

Originally posted by Foxxern:
Just keep Celine Dion the hell outta the music biz, k?

Hey, we(at least I do) hate her just as much as you guys.

[This message has been edited by The Blunt Edge (edited 02-28-2002).]

Originally posted by The Blunt Edge:
Hey, we(at least I do) hate her just as much as you guys.

Amen to that. *cringe*

There's a hilarious song by the Arrogant Worms about Celine Dion: "she'll sing a song in english/then she'll sing en francais/both the songs will suck/but i looover her anyways/oh celine dion/you softrock my world/.../there's something about her/makes me want to feed her/and i pray that she'll be mine some day" or something. teehee hehe.

it's just the 51st state

[This message has been edited by Arun V (edited 02-28-2002).]

Originally posted by SkeeK:
There's a hilarious song by the Arrogant Worms about Celine Dion: "she'll sing a song in english/then she'll sing en francais/both the songs will suck/but i looover her anyways/oh celine dion/you softrock my world/.../there's something about her/makes me want to feed her/and i pray that she'll be mine some day" or something. teehee hehe.

My favourite line in that song is "You soft rock my world"

i loathe celine dionne. i mean could she be any MORE mellow-rellow-dramatic? people on the radio station out here were making fun of her for what she apparently did after the u2 performance, and they praised u2 and made fun of celine and then didnt make the fun o f aathne eeeeeerrrrrrrrr - -- --- -- ! *

------------------
-deathbear

Originally posted by foray:
Wait, what did she do after the U2 performance?

foray

"she apparently did after the u2 performance, and they praised u2 and made fun of celine and then didnt make the fun o f aathne eeeeeerrrrrrrrr - -- --- -- ! * "

------------------
-deathbear

Originally posted by Zoomerang96:
"she apparently did after the u2 performance, and they praised u2 and made fun of celine and then didnt make the fun o f aathne eeeeeerrrrrrrrr - -- --- -- ! * "

deathbear. I am not understanding chu.
confused.gif

foray

Originally posted by The Wanderer:
this is pure brilliance on your part, giving them the shortest month of the year was an absolute stroke of genious

Hmmm, just for that Wanderer, I'm going to post this story! Enjoy!

WHAT DOES YOUR DAD DO
> > > > > > > It's the first day of school and the
> > teacher thought she'd get to
> > >know
> > > > >the
> > > > > > > kids by asking them their name and what
> > their father does for a
> > > > >living.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > The first little girl says: "My name is
> > Mary and my daddy is a
> > > > >postman."
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > The next little boy says: "I'm Andy and my
> > Dad is a mechanic."
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Then one little boy says: "My name is
> > Jimmy and my father is a
> > > > >striptease
> > > > > > > dancer in a cabaret for gay men."
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > The teacher gasps and quickly changes the
> > subject, but later in
> > >the
> > > > >school
> > > > > yard the teacher approaches Jimmy privately and asks
> > if
> > it was
> > >really
> > > > >true
> > > > > > > that his Dad dances nude in a gay bar.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > He blushed and said, "I'm sorry but my dad
> > plays hockey for Team
> > >USA,
> > > > >and
> > > > > > I
> > > > > > > was just too embarrassed to say so."
>

Sorry USA for beating you in the gold medal game, but we wanted it more. GO CANADA GO!!!

------------------
"Yep...Silver and Gold!!!" - Bono

We'll Shine Like Stars In The Summer Nights...

Congrats to all my Canadian buddies. Canada is cool. Canadians are cool. End of story.

biggrin.gif

Man alive, why does EVERYBODY only blame Canada for Celine Dion? We've also produced the Tragically Hip, Sarah Harmer, Barenaked Ladies, Alanis Morrissette, the Guess Who, Sloan, Shania Twain, Jann Arden...the list goes on and on.

------------------
"You gotta love living, baby, 'cause dyin's a pain in the ass."-- Frank Sinatra

Adam: Look guys, I got a Springfield spoon for my spoon collection.
Edge: Oh boy, here we go...
Bono: Wow, how many is that now Adam?
Adam: Nine. If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane.
Bono: Can I see it?
*adam gives bono the spoon, bono throws it away*
Adam: My spoon!

Originally posted by PopFly:
Man alive, why does EVERYBODY only blame Canada for Celine Dion? We've also produced the Tragically Hip, Sarah Harmer, Barenaked Ladies, Alanis Morrissette, the Guess Who, Sloan, Shania Twain, Jann Arden...the list goes on and on.

... and The Weakerthans! The Weakerthans! Goddamnit!

[This message has been edited by SkeeK (edited 03-01-2002).]

I'm wondering if some Canuck put Brettig up to this "award" as a ploy so Canadians can continue harping about our Olympic win but in the main forum for once!

[This message has been edited by ladywithspinninghead (edited 03-01-2002).]

Maybe we could make you honorary Canadian for the day Nancy.
wink.gif

Nice little joke ladywithspinninghead!! LOVED it!
biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom