Interference Zine - How Are We Doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Hey everyone!

This is something I've been meaning to do forever. As many of you have noticed, every Monday, the Interference Zine publishes a new article or articles for you and our site readers. These articles are on all aspects of U2 and U2 fandom, including concert reviews, opening band bios, exclusive opening band interviews (Snow Patrol and Keane so far, with others to surely follow), charity profiles and discussion pieces.

More on the main Interference.com site, and more here: http://forum.interference.com/f242.html

My questions to all of you are the following:

1. What types of U2-y zine stories do you all like to read? Do you have any suggestions for story ideas? Would any of you be interested in contributing articles to the Zine?

2. What types of stories do you like that we already post? (This way we know what to post more of.)

Thanks so much for all of you who respond here or over email to me. And of course to our readers. We do all of this stuff for you - and want you to get the greatest possible enjoyment out of it.

Thanks so much!
C

I love the ones that go in-depth about the albums, and analyzing songs and characters, like the MacPhisto article and one about the Lost U2 Demo songs

Maybe more about the interpretations of songs or albums would be a good read, and open some discussion amongst people

nah, i think not

i'm here to have fun really
i like the music, i'm not too interested in the band

plus, i fire up atu2.com every day before i get here

sorry

Cassis said:
nah, i think not

i'm here to have fun really
i like the music, i'm not too interested in the band

plus, i fire up atu2.com every day before i get here

sorry

No worries. If you, or anyone else who doesn't really read the original content, can think of any types of stories that would grab your interest, please let us know.

Thanks

i like the fan experience and album analaysis sort of things. Maybe album analyasis could branch out into tour analyasis? I definetly prefer articles relating to 'the music' or 'the show' than about for example, bonos political work

I would like to do something to contribute. I'm not sure what exactly but I always have lots to say and it'd be good for me, too. :)

...I just wanted to give you guys a :up: for the latest articles in U2 news........great job!

How about some contests?........:hmm:...I dunno.....Blue crack addict pictured with an Interference sign in a distant location or famous landmark........
...winner gets a t-shirt or sticker.....?

I really like concert reviews. I usually read those.

In general, you're the best independent U2 site out there in my opinion, despite the fact that @U2 has Achtoon Baby. They're quite funny :)

Otherwise, the album/tour analysis sound pretty interesting as well.

Keep up the good work :)

I love the articles that go in depth on the albums. It's great to read the thoughts of the band members on their work. It would be interesting to see the philosophy behind the albums, not how they were made but the actually philosophy since that plays a lot into how Bono writes and the band makes the music. Maybe even a song by song weekly analyzing the music and lyrics. I also enjoy the fan experiences of concerts, not so much the ones that slobber over the band but some of the honest ones like that one about Philadelphia, that the girl who writes the album reviews wrote.

I'd like to see more excerpts from articles, books, etc. about U2 or books that have influenced them incorporated somehow. I agree with "The Rooster", I enjoy reading about the different stories behind each song/album, and what's going on with the band members that is influencing their music. Interference is really THE BEST U2 site out there. Thx for all of your work!!

SunBloc said:
I'd like to see more excerpts from articles, books, etc. about U2 or books that have influenced them incorporated somehow. I agree with "The Rooster", I enjoy reading about the different stories behind each song/album, and what's going on with the band members that is influencing their music. Interference is really THE BEST U2 site out there. Thx for all of your work!!

Thank you for responding and for the compliments! Because of rules relating to rights and permissions, we most likely can't publish book excerpts but our News section does offer as many current articles as we can find to post.

I would like to see more about the background to the tours, how they came about, difficulties..technology within them etc.

I know these are articles written by U2 fans for U2 fans, but a lot of them are REALLY gushing with praise. It's sort of embarrassing sometimes. Measured criticism would really stir things up, I think. The writers should ask tough-hitting questions about the band. At least it would generate a lot of dialogue.

Overall, though, great site and kudos to the people who contribute and run it.

LyricalDrug said:
I know these are articles written by U2 fans for U2 fans, but a lot of them are REALLY gushing with praise. It's sort of embarrassing sometimes. Measured criticism would really stir things up, I think. The writers should ask tough-hitting questions about the band. At least it would generate a lot of dialogue.

:yes: I agree, that's the only thing that gets at me when I'm reading the articles. If the writer can criticize without being over the top and outright rude, it would really help to read what people think is wrong with albums, tours, etc. I enjoy reading all of the articles though, please keep up the good work!

I also enjoy the articles. I could write here but I don't have anything particularly insightful on U2 other than my opinions. I have found my opinions to be directly 180 degrees from some that write here. With so much variation in musical styles throughout U2's history, it's unavoidable.

As far as anyone being over-critical in their articles, they should expect to get it right back in the readers' responses. That's part of the give-and-take of a forum such as this.

LyricalDrug said:

I definitely agree with you on this, and it has been something that we need to do more of. If any of you have story ideas that lean towards the critical, please do submit them. We are always in need of new ideas, new ways of saying something.

Hey Carrie, I was wondering about something lately. Whatever happened to the member profiles? There were a few mods and regular folk interviewed and then... nothing.

I will say more of the same. you guys are the best U2 site. so kudos.

I like reading about the stories behind the albums. How they were written, why they were written, the inspiration behind them and what type of impact each album had on the band and music in general. Actually I like reading about what the guys in the band are thinking about regardless of the content. Tours, albums, world issues, whatever. Concert reviews are good but U2 is so damn good that nearly ever concert review is the same. You guys do a phenomenal job here regardless. I've been to a bunch of other U2 sites but this place is the one that manages to keep me around so.....Keep up the fantastic work!

I like reading fan reviews, articles on the boys, the typical media stuff. I have not been on here long to have read any of the older stuff, yet. Just can not believe just now found this site, been a fan for so long, am glad found it now. But wished could have stumbled across it alot earlier. Thank you guys for the site, not alot of family/friends/coworkers quite understand why I love U2.

Back
Top Bottom