Interesting R&H tidbits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love the fact that on the sequence notes they have the starting key of each song so they don't get into a bunch of songs in the same key. Great!

Interesting clue about the origin of the "269" in Hawkmoon 269.

Other things I noticed included the note "Josuha Tree" written next to heartland, which was always sounding like a JT outtake, the locations of the song's recording (Denver, Pont [Depot], etc), the extra overdubbed lead vocals on Pride,....

Last edited:
Not everyone is a big U2 fan, and he was a studio tech.

I'm sure he would be immune to U2's inherent coolness after working with so many bands, and yiou're forgetting that a lot of people not into U2 found Rattle and Hum a little pretentious.

i just wonder why someone that could work with U2 would sound so bitter and mean. he got paid and all. like was it that bad of an experience? i don't get it.

Well there's always the alternate theory that he's just an asshole :wink:

Interesting that Running To Stand Still was in the sequence but never made the album.

Also, that article seems to confirm what I suspected about Clayton all along.

Cheers,

J

Last edited:
"Bono (a.k.a the Boner) played Mr. GreenPeace, but proved he would do your girlfriend behind your back in a heartbeat, if he got the chance."

I wonder what that means.

according to the book "into the heart" by nail stokes

hawkmoon is a place in the dakotas...
the song was mixed 269 times...

and bono says "that was my favourite song on the record, but we actually physically wore down the tape doing that number of mixes, and as a result, some of the tautness of the rhythms aren't there, the way they should be. so i have a bad reaction listening to it now, based on what it should have sounded like"

so maybe the happy feelings discussed were mutual...

And if you go through the rest of that guy's site, you'll see he's pretty sour on a lot of people. (Also, it's no secret that Bono can be very diificult to deal with at times during the creative process; things do get ugly on occasion. If that ultimately makes for great music, then good.)

Back
Top Bottom