Inspired by Britney..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pub crawler

New Yorker
When going to a concert, how much does the stage performance aspect of the show mean to you?

Do you appreciate a singer/group who can put on a good dance show?

What if the Artist is lip-synching? What if the Artist has to lip-synch because they're dancing and cannot sing while dancing?

it was kind of sad really that the music only played second to the over the top performance. why can't it be the other way around, she should have her writers write an awesome song that can carry her instead of this whole image and stupid circus show.

the n'sync performance was over the top too and mostly head ache inducing.

it was like watching a bizarre pyscho circus cartoon freak show.

yeah they're pop. manufuctured just like it too.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

I go to concerts for the music. I'd be extremely pissed off if I paid good money to see an artist who turned out to be miming, no matter how good the dancing was.

If they can't do both then they shouldn't try to do both.

The thing I loved about the Elevation shows was the "back to basics" theme. They prooved that they don't need gimicks or glamour to rock.

Mind you, how stunned would you be if all four of them suddenly burst into a synchronised dance routine
biggrin.gif

I'm thinking it's 14-year-old girls who spend money to see the dancing lip-synchers. The record companies are catering to the 14-year-old girls. Or am I way off base?

Yes. It's more like 10 year old girls. The 14 year olds have outgrown it.

------------------
"Walk On, stay safe tonight"

Back
Top Bottom