Indian Summer Sky

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hornbag

The Fly
Does everyone agree with me that this is one of the greatest tracks off UF, it's gotta be up there with ASOH, Pride, Bad and Wire. It's like a show of whats to come in JT, hinting at their sadness and love for America. The Bass and Guitar are excellent, Adams busy bassline and Edge's surreal guitar...:drool:

...so wind blow through to my heart....
.. Gorgeous!

does anyone have a recording of this live they can share?

I'll eat my legs if they play this when they finally make it down under...

Am I right in saying that this song is the result of bono making it up as the recording progressed (ad-libbing) and it took one take to complete? Am sure that it was Eno that challenged him to do it. Am positive I read that many moons ago

gman said:
Am I right in saying that this song is the result of bono making it up as the recording progressed (ad-libbing) and it took one take to complete? Am sure that it was Eno that challenged him to do it. Am positive I read that many moons ago

Nope that was Elvis Presley and America

If Wire is the dark heart of The Unforgettable Fire, Indian Summer Sky is its positive opposite. A beautifuul song.

Pride
Bad
UF
ISS

That's how I would go on UF's top 4 songs, with 4th of July coing in last, even as a set-piece or intor, it's not very good at all, not as good as Bass Trap for instance.

I love this song, I really do, but a lot of the emotional impact of it was originally taken away because it comes after Bad in the Track listing. It was as if all the wind was taken out of its sails. But on one of my multiple hundreds of listenings to UNFORGETTABLE FIRE, Indian Summer Sky earned a permanent place in my heart.

I really don't like Indian Summer Sky. It's a song that just kinda goes nowhere imo. It's a strange song. Doesn't surprise me that they didn't play it live after the UF Tour (i think anyway).

Then again i hated Like A Song from War for ages but i eventually came round and now i really like it so maybe ISS will get the same treatment...

Back
Top Bottom