Inappropriate U2 song titles?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jick

Refugee
If you could, what song titles of U2 would you change? And what will you change it to? Here's my list:

Pride ----> In the Name Of Love
MLK ---> Sleep
Ultraviolet ---> Light My Way
Hawkmoon 269 ----> I Need Your Love
New Year's Day ---> Begin Again
Red Hill Mining Town ---> Red Hill Town
Bad ---> Wide Awake

I will add more, just have to dig them up.

Cheers,

J

I wold change them all to be acronyms. A'la the internet a'la Blur M.O.R (middle of road).

Red Hill Mining Town can't be changed Jick. It's meaning is it's meaning. Not everything reflects the lyrics contained within as such.

Personally, I can't think of any song titles that should be changed. They all work in their own way to make the song what it is. I don't know, it just doesn't seem right to mess with what obviously works.

I'd probably go all Sigur Ros

like say Achtung Baby

let's just call rename Zoo Station TRACK ONE
and then we can call Even Better Than The Real Thing TRACK TWO
and so on

fun, eh?

yertle-the-turtle said:
I'd probably go all Sigur Ros

like say Achtung Baby

let's just call rename Zoo Station TRACK ONE
and then we can call Even Better Than The Real Thing TRACK TWO
and so on

fun, eh?

:tsk:

Definitely no changing MLK.

The song is about MLK, not about sleep. I don't see any compelling reason for the change at all.

I like the names as they are.

I agree with anitram and alexvilagosh. The names are fine.
The suggested name changes strike me as uninspired and boring.

I like some songs better than others, but wouldn't want them altered. Even though he's a friend of Bono's, I'll bet Bill Clinton is none too fond of the song title "If You Wear That Velvet Dress" lol.

MLK is a great title! Doesn't need changing, especially not 'Sleep' as from my view of the lyrics, it's just about him isn't it and his 'DREAMS', I don't know if it's a coincidence or if I've seen them in the right way, because I unfortunatley don't analyse many Lyrics. I really should. It could help me understand a song much better!

i like it when songs are named differently from the main chorus, it's interesting.

Back
Top Bottom