In the studio next month?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Loosley translated:

Sean Penn is replacing Dallas Shoe and The Edge made his famous peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches on Wheat Bread. It all went well until Bono tried to sing the word "kneel" but couldn't sing due to a rather large amount of peanut butter on the roof of his mouth. So, Adam finished the vocals.

according to dutch teletext U2 is going into the studio this summer
apparently Bono got inspired by his daughters piano lessons and writes songs on the piano now

I still don't think this means we'll see an actual album before 2008

Just a theory:

November 2006:
They ARE releasing an album. The album sounds like ATYCLB and HTDAAB (last part of the so-called trilogy). It has about 6 left-overs from the HTDAAB sessions and another 6 new songs. One song is also the soundtrack for the new Bond-movie.

December 2006:
They're gonna finish the last concerts from the Vertigo Tour. But under a whole new name (named after a song from the new album: the Mercy Tour).

Immediately after that they're gonna tour other parts of the world in 2007. Because they know they're almost hitting 50 and realise they don't wanna end up like The Stones, this tour will be the last BIG tour with a big stagedesign (which is almost the same as the Vertigo Tour). At that point they finally come to realise they ARE the biggest band in the world and don't have to proof anything anymore for themselves.

After ending the tour they're gonna dream it up again once more and maybe release a more experimental/ non-U2 sounding album in 2009 or 2010. Concerts will never be as big anymore, but they will be just as great, more intimate and touching (in smaller arena-like places, max. 20.000 people).

Well, as I said: it's just a theory :wink:

I don't think there will be any "trilogy".

And I doubt they'll change the name of the tour, they never have and it would be too costly.

BANZAI said:
But under a whole new name (named after a song from the new album: the Mercy Tour).

Oh God, give it a rest. There was a reason that song was left off the album. You think they want to frame a tour around it? :|

the mercy tour sounds corny lol

' one last stop ' sounds better.

I heard Michael Stipe was traded to U2 for Bono and a hairdresser to be named later.

PlaTheGreat said:

Oh God, give it a rest. There was a reason that song was left off the album. You think they want to frame a tour around it? :|

and whatever that reason is, it's still a much better song than any on the album.

I'm hoping the next album will disprove the trilogy theory. Three albums in this style would be too much. It was different back when there weren't four year gaps in between every album.

Jimmy Jazz said:

and whatever that reason is, it's still a much better song than any on the album.

I'm hoping the next album will disprove the trilogy theory. Three albums in this style would be too much. It was different back when there weren't four year gaps in between every album.

I'm hoping for a trilogy, with only 2 or 2 and a half years in between parts II and III.

Back
Top Bottom