In the Spirit of the Season

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

doctorwho

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
My TARDIS - currently located in Valparaiso, IN
Instead of whining about U2 fans, I've decided to do something about it.

Therefore, I have the following offer. I have obtained a video boot of the 5/31/01 Buffalo Elevation show. I have converted this show to VCD (video CD). The show is on two CDs.

Many, but not all DVD players will play VCDs. Please check your DVD player to confirm this. The VCDs were recorded for U.S. televisions. If you do not have a DVD player or are unsure if your DVD player will play VCDs (check your owner's manual), do not fret. Just about all DVD-ROM's will play VCDs.

Here's the catch: nothing. I will give these out to the first 15 or so people that respond to this thread. Do NOT e-mail me. Just respond to this thread and I'll see what I can do. The VCDs are free. You don't even have to pay for postage. All I ask is that you are able to use them, you live in the U.S. and that you don't turn around and sell this for a profit. However, I ask you all to remember that this is a boot recording (so no comparisons to the far better DVD recording).

Once 15-20 people respond, I will stop taking requests. I would like to send out more, but $$ and time restrictions do play a role.

[This message has been edited by doctorwho (edited 11-24-2001).]

I would like one, but I live in Canada
frown.gif

If you think you can make an exeption then my email is ultraviolet299@icqmail.com
But if not, its ok
smile.gif
thanks anyhow.

Cool!

E-mail: angelindevilshoes@earthlink.net

smile.gif

------------------
I know someday you'll have a beautiful life.
I know you'll be a star in somebody else's sky
but why, why, why can't it be, oh, can't it be mine?

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

well I'm in Canada so if you can make the exception, I would greatly appreciate it. My brother, who got me into U2, was at that show so I'm thinking of it as a part of a Christmas gift. But if you can't work out the postage or whatever that's cool.
dave-a-may@home.com until nov 30,
then dave-a-may@rogers.com.
you rock btw.
and thank you on behalf of the U2 fan communicaty.
------------------
Kobayashi's bizarre use of colour, superfast editing and extreme camera angles, coupled with a hilariously deadpan performance by Toshiro Takemitsu as the inspector who discovers a whole family of ghosts travelling without valid tickets, remains without peer.

[This message has been edited by kobayashi (edited 11-24-2001).]

I only opened this thread because it was by doctorwho, as usual I am glad I did. Thank you doctorwho.

Osch1@hotmail.com

------------------
This post brought to you by: MTV "It's only cool if it's profitable."

AIM: JuanSwallow

interesting.

in the spirit of not sucking, if you actually send me a copy of this, doc, i will do the same thing for 15 people, you included. if you like.

however, it is not u2 material. instead, i have, or will soon have, three bootlegs; coldplay, the strokes, and a new band called solex. people can choose which they prefer. and i would post the thread in few weeks.

if dr. who doesn't feel like making a peace offering, anyone can still have a copy of these shows if they like. but i'm not rich, so you would have to pay s&h and provide the discs or the two dollars or whatever. and you must be patient because i rely on others for the transfer of these shows.

nodisk@earthlink.net

this is so great of you...i would love one!
aim2heaven@aol.com

alison

------------------

It doesn't matter what songs we sing. I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me. - Larry

Wow I think I just made the cut off, thanks Doctor!!!
mbi16@yahoo.com

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

no disk: I hadn't realized we were at war. Sorry for not catching that. I'll be sure to start fighting with you right away.
wink.gif

As for those in Europe - sorry. In the future I will try to make a PAL offer. However, right now I don't have the time or money for such an excursion.

For those in Canada: I may be willing to consider this option *if* you know you can play a VCD in NTSC format. I have a DVD player that plays "everything." However, not everyone does, so please check.

I'm still doing some fine tuning on this project, so once the cut-off is established, I ask for your patience so that I can make and ship these items.

[This message has been edited by doctorwho (edited 11-25-2001).]

Hmm...let me see what I have...I'd like to try to make an offer like this

[This message has been edited by Arun V (edited 11-25-2001).]

Doctorwho-this is SO NICE!

My player won't play VCD's, and not sure about my computer-has a DVD-ROM and it's a brand new HP w/ Windows XP

<<<<-----technology MORON

But you've got enough replies already. Wish I had a copy of the DVD to send you.

well doctor who, i can confirm my own dvd and my brothers can play vcd's. i have burned some of my own, but my computer only seems to wanna burn individual tracks per disc(i guess it doesn't have enough memory to convert more than that), so i'm pretty impressed if you're doing whole shows.

but folks anyone who benefits from this gracious offer should definetely pay it forward in some way or another.

------------------
Kobayashi's bizarre use of colour, superfast editing and extreme camera angles, coupled with a hilariously deadpan performance by Toshiro Takemitsu as the inspector who discovers a whole family of ghosts travelling without valid tickets, remains without peer.

20th person to respond (counting foray and brettig who are from Aus/NZ), and i KNOW my DVD player plays VCD's, I've tried it.

thfly@hotmail.com

AND, dr.who, my free sex offer is still up for grabs.

Originally posted by Like O2:
I knew I was right to like you from the start, Dr. Who!

biggrin.gif

Yeah yeah sure Dr. Who is a swell guy and all BUT Iam dissappointed in you BOTH for not responding to my PhxShow threads..

Thank You-
DB9

------------------
"...The big guy is made of STEEL." - Bono as we stood together on stage at Boston #4, June 9th, 2001.

---
-curious? click
links for
Bono/Dimon-
Bos.4 Story
Pics..

http://www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

http://members.aol.com/diamondbruno9/

I'd have no way to play it, so I do not want one, but I just wanted to say that this is very kind of you to do, doctorwho.
smile.gif

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Yes, I realize I am too late. But I just wanted to comment on how cool it is that doctorwho is offering to do this. Yay doctorwho!!

Doctor Who, MD, PhD

If you are actually taking 20 requests, I may have made the cut-off, eh? I sure hope so. I made sure over the weekend that the DVD player I bought would play your type of gift... and YES, it does!

Bless you for your generosity!

N8 Brown

nbrown@kml.kaba.com

Okee dokee...

In the coming weeks - before Christmas - I will try to mail out the video CDs. I ask that ONLY the people above who wanted one e-mail me.

You must state your Interference name, your real name and of course your address. If your Interference name is not already in this thread, sorry, I cannot give you a VCD now. I will try again in the future.

Next week (12/3) I am going to a conference in Florida. Therefore, I will try to make and mail the VCDs the week of 12/10. Again, I will only give the VCDs to the first 15 or so people (may be a few extra).

The VCDs are from a videotape boot - so please realize that this is a boot show. I converted the tape to a VCD because not only do I feel the show is better preserved, but it allowed me to break up the performance into separate tracks (so one could skip to a specific song).

This is a good concert and I must say that Bono's voice is OUTSTANDING in this show! He really hits all the high notes with full force.

Please e-mail me at doctoru2@yahoo.com with the subject heading of "Buffalo VCD". If you don't do this, there's a chance your e-mail will be deleted.

Back
Top Bottom