In Response to Fake U2 News Stories Posted By Members

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
coolian2 said:

So....what do you come here for?

Everything but the kinda stuff you guys posted tonight.

Is it hard to believe that people come here to read people's comparisons, thoughts, opinions on music by the group without getting into that kinda humor? I have great relationships outside of this forum that keep me happy, laughing and entertained. U2 has never been a 'frat' band to me, yet alot of this just seems like that. It's everything else on this forum that I'm here for.

What do you come here for?

mofo82 said:

Everything but the kinda stuff you guys posted tonight.

Is it hard to believe that people come here to read people's comparisons, thoughts, opinions on music by the group without getting into that kinda humor? I have great relationships outside of this forum that keep me happy, laughing and entertained. U2 has never been a 'frat' band to me, yet alot of this just seems like that. It's everything else on this forum that I'm here for.

What do you come here for?

So you come here for threads about how fridges sound like So Cruel, What U2 members would teach, if they were musicians who would they be?

I come here armed with a sense of humour to have a laugh with other people who also like U2.

If this is your first time on the internet, welcome.

mofo82 said:

tourist, after all I've said, why the hell do you think I want to be in it?

It's not fun to me. It reminds me of high school. I don't come here for juvenile entertainment. If I knew about it before it started, I'd pass. It's not my thing.

Then go to Zootopia!!!!

Varitek said:

Mine wasn't, I listened to 3-28 San Diego for Vertigo. Not really sure why.

That's cuz I wasn't here. So there was no version. But it sounded amazing in my head the way it was described. :wink:

If you all want to basically jump on me for why I am here, then fine. Take it guys. I've offered as many opinions that I can around here in my style. Check the link...http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=184415&perpage=15&pagenumber=5 If you like it, enjoy cus it's my last quality post round here that had nothing to do with the practical jokes. Varitek, no spoken words and tourist were all involved in that thread. A good one to. That's why I've been here for 5 years.

Last edited:
Axver (lead setlist designer),

Oh God, if only this were you're REAL full time job I'd be a VERY happy U2 fan! Hawkmoon 269, Treasure and Acrobat every night!

An Cat Gav said:

Oh God, if only this were you're REAL full time job I'd be a VERY happy U2 fan! Hawkmoon 269, Treasure and Acrobat every night!

:up: :yes:

An Cat Gav said:

Wrong. There is no song Axver would have them play ever night.

I wasn't in on this, but I find it kind of hard to believe that it could have been taken seriously for any longer than a few seconds. I mean, "Save the Whalers"? In an art museum in Liechtenstein? No sources or link-ups to speak of, yet the posters were acting as if they knew everything that was going on?

Seriously, if you got fooled by that, don't be in denial and blame the pranksters. They gave you plenty of chances.

I get where you're coming from mofo82.

I tend to lurk more than post, but even though I read about that thread being a fake before actually seeing for myself, I could tell. I can't imagine any member of U2 supporting whalers in anyway, considering their involvement with Greenpeace, but then, how many U2 fans on here will know that. Especially newer fans.

For all the dissing U2.com gets on here this situation does give a good reason why official websites exist, no matter how crappy their look may be to people. So U2.com gets a few things wrong, ooh a lyric is wrong, Bono doesn't remember his own lyrics.

"Fake Edge" taught me a good lesson about reading this forum. I don't question the blogs by Edge on U2.com as being fakes.

I could probably have a laugh and fool a number of people on this forum that I was Adam.

I can see the humour in the "Save the Whalers", but I spend probably too much time reading stuff about U2 so I could "get" the joke. I admit it's funny to be in on a joke when others aren't sometimes.

Why then do I visit this forum you may ask? That's just it, for the amusement. I don't expect too much "officialness" here. Someone spotting U2 in a restaurant, okay, but to post about the band, making an appearance and performing, you'd have to be really really clever to get away with that on U2.com and have people believe you.

Not because Zootopians are more knowledgeable than U2 fans who aren't subscribers, but because U2.com is the official site and fake reports get exposed quickly.

An Cat Gav said:

You better believe it. Except for the 'every night' part. I'll keep you guessing in that department.

Red Light in the cities I don't like. :wink:

Again, there is a 'Report this post to moderator' link on every single post in every single forum. If you are upset about a post or thread PLEASE USE THIS FEATURE! It is the quickest way to get a mods attention to what's going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom