In regards to HTDAAB, I believe Interference has...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dr_Macphisto

War Child
...actually slightly ruined the experience for me. I know, I come here by my own will (and love it).

Back when ATYCLB came out, I was a young lad of 15 and rarely used the Internet. So, when the album came out, I was totally impartial to it. I had no outside opinions to affect my opinion of it... I just lived by it for months and was simply in love with it. Had I been on here when that album came out, I would have had everyone's ideas in my head that "the second half sucks!!!" or "this CD SUCKSS!!!", therefore subconsicously affecting my opinions of the album too.

So, with this album (and before it has even came out), i've already had to hear complaints about it. I am actually kind of dreading tomorrow, in case I feel the same way about some of the songs.

Has anyone else felt such feelings?

No, make your own view while listning,,...Im sure you can do that, i did..Its a great album...:drool:

You will all like it. I bought it abroad with the DVD and I think it's a perfect evolution of their sound. There are some really distinctive tracks. The DVD is worth the value too.

I feel exactly the same - being 17 an in England, I barely know any u2 fans. This website, though well run, has slightly lessened my enjoyment of the album, maybe because I bought into the hyperbole. The album could never live up to some of the fan's proclaimations of how good it was going to be.

In spite of that - F**K me, that's a good album! I don't think Fast Cars is on the American version, so I'd advise you guys to get a copy ... it's one of the best songs on the album.

WoWy

Last edited:
I have been avoiding all the reviews like the plague since I haven't heard it yet. I knew the risks involved with coming to Interference - lots of opionated people who want everyone to know what they think of the new album. Nothing wrong with that, but I have to choose the threads I read carefully. I hate it when there's a review posted in the middle of a thread that has nothing to do with how the new album sounds. :mad:

I know its been both loved and disliked, but all I go by is how I feel when I listen to the new disc. Pure joy. Enough said.:)

I went and bought it today and am loving it. I systematically chose a song and listened the hell out of it before moving to another... I am saving AMAAW, OSC, and OOTS for tomorrow though.

Atomic Monkey said:
I think my view of POP has been tainted due to other's opinions.

I think everyone's view has been tainted. Once one person started to go off on POP (like a critic), there was no help for the poor thing. I'm talking non-hard core U2 fans here. True U2 fans own the album and will give it a few spins before coming to a conclusion of how it stacks up to other U2 albums. I love some of the songs, but could also leave a few off the desert island. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom